Monday, November 08, 2010

Portrait of a mom...

This is a de-colorized version of a snapshot J took of me the other night, the same night as the photos posted yesterday. It had been red tinted. I assume because his finger was too close to the flash. I always take great interest in these pictures the kids take. It's a perspective rarely seen since they are generally viewing a different angle from anyone else who might take a picture of me. I just wish I was smiling more in the picture, which is sadly the case in most of the portraits for which they have me pose. I don't know why that is, really. I am generally a smiley person. Even the therapist I saw last year made a comment about my perpetual smile, a smile I maintained even while divulging painful experiences and memories. I just hope that these blinks in time my kids capture so randomly and infrequently don't reflect what they see more often than not. I'd hate to think they don't see my smile as much as others. Of course, taking pictures of the family is one of their "good deeds" cards they can get to make up for breaking one of the house rules, so perhaps my smile is missing in those moments for a genuinely good reason.

1 comment:

Jonathan said...

Wonderful photo! Well I think you look lovely - smile or not.