Monday, November 29, 2010

Hooray for great customer service!


An update to my last post: The company, Uncommon Goods, completely came through on their promise. The morning after I'd gotten the shipment confirmation email for the Illinois address, I had another email detailing the replacement shipment and shortly after had the shipment confirmation with my home address. I am absolutely impressed with that superior level of customer service. Now, I know for sure that my boys will be able to receive all their birthday presents on their birthday!

3 comments:

Outsource Call Center said...

Oh' that was a good news! Congratulations to your company. Anyway, Good customer service is necessary. I believe that treating the customer so politely makes them so comfortable and satisfied with your services.

-fern-

Anonymous said...

Just thought I would comment and say great theme, did you code it for yourself? Really looks excellent!.

Anonymous said...

What a nice post. I really love reading these types or articles. I can?t wait to see what others have to say..