Wednesday, November 03, 2010

Getting schooled...

bachelor's degreeI've been in classes since late August. Two ODU classes and then two classes at the local college to fill in some of my lower level requirements that began late September. I was a bit, um, apprehensive, I guess, about going back to school at first. I wasn't sure I would do as well as I expected of myself, and I did wonder if I'd be the oldest in any classes that I was taking since I have to go in to the school for all but one of them. As it has turned out, I am still a great student. I'm on track to complete the semester with a full set of A's. I even managed to get a perfect score on my first Intro to Rhetorics test, and the professor read a large part of my essay to the class the day we went over the tests. Not too shabby for a class that I have to be in at five in the morning.

Yes, I said 5 AM! That was a rude awakening on the first day of class...as I showed up at what I believed to be 15 minutes early only to find that the class ended 10 minutes later. I had mistakenly thought the times listed for classes when I registered had been converted for my time zone since it was listed as a class at my local campus. Not so much. So, what I thought was an 8 a.m. class is really 5, and if I wasn't already dreading having to be at the school at 8 o'clock on a Saturday for 3 hours...well, let's just say it wasn't a happy revelation and leave it at that.

And, I'm not the oldest in my classes, not even the local college ones. Even if I was, I wouldn't let it bother me at this point; I love being a student again!

1 comment:

Jonathan said...

5am... that's just brutal!