Monday, June 14, 2010

Don't even know how to get this going...

Which is, I guess, a good part of the reason I haven't written here in so long. Gosh...six months?!? I don't even know how to begin trying to catch up with everything, so I'm not going to try. If you have a burning question about something in particular, let me know.

In this time, this blog turned 5, my twins turned 6, and my baby boy turned 2. M and J are everything awful and wonderful about six year-olds: inquisitive, mimicking, reading, oblivious. In turn, LMX is all that is terrible and adorable about two year-olds: talkative, tantruming, loving, destructive. I don't know how my world would be complete without them, though there are many times I wish they were robots I could power off for about 20 minutes.

M and J have made it through kindergarten. They've learned to read and write; M is the better reader, J the better writer. M is embracing the challenge of sounding out new and unfamiliar words, and J has shockingly neat penmanship for a little boy and really enjoys writing stories and cards and notes.

Is it normal for a two year-old to be in the "Why?" phase? I really thought that exasperating, never-ending questioning wasn't scheduled to hit us for another few years. LMX, obviously, has starting spouting out whys at nearly everything NS and I say. It's cute and funny while also being obnoxious; good thing we love him so much.

I'm getting ready to take a trip to see six of my bestest girls in the world this weekend. We're having a "Turning 30 in 2010" 4-day long bash. I'm so excited to get to hang out with everyone again. I'll get to make all the teasing remarks about how they're all old ladies since I'm the last one to reach 30. HAHAHA (Three of us are already 30, the rest of us will get there next month, in the span of 10 days.) I'll be flying solo, and NS will be all alone with our brood. He's planning to sustain them with cured meats (8 pounds of bacon and 6 pounds of salami), apples, and V8 for the four days; it should work out well, I think...I mean, that's a pretty balanced menu if you squint your eyes just right so the menu's all blurry;>

3 comments:

Churlita said...

Have funn with your gaggle of girlies! I'm sure your hubby will be just fine.

Sukhdeepak said...

Just enjoy your life.

NoRegrets said...

oh, that is such a great menu! happy bday, belatedly