Sunday, November 15, 2009

Satisfying curiosity...

NS and I were talking a few weeks ago about people living on low incomes. We were unable to figure out how it's managed without substantial compromise of life's necessities, like not eating very well to reduce grocery expenses. I mean, our food budget each month is quite high, and we assume it is because we try to have a variety of food in the house and don't feel comfortable sparing expense with the staples of fruit, vegetables, meats, cheeses, and bread.

As luck would have it, through the magic of Google Reader sharing, I started reading a blog about a family of five living on a budget of under $1000 per month yesterday. I've been skipping around on the posts there, and honestly, haven't read very many yet, but my interest is thoroughly piqued. I figure at the very least I'll have a much clearer understanding of what it takes to live a good life with minimal means.

No comments: