In an attempt to cover a wide-range of topics without the effort required to write several posts, I give you the bullet list:
- No dishwasher in house with three adults who eat most meals at home, two 5 year-olds who don't understand how to reuse a cup for water, and a baby who plays a game of taking dishes from the cabinets to the floor a few times a day = Need. New. Dishwasher. STAT!
- Cagey's Boobie Beatdown post got me to read the two women's posts in discussion and to really think about the issue up for discussion...cross-nursing. Since I'm not a victim of Twitter (still holding out, though I believe it may be to blame for not winning that mini vibrator), I didn't get all the stories, but I read the main two in question, and I think the Daily Blonde was a bit short-sighted on her take of the situation and her decision to post her opinion. If she really wanted to leave names out of it, then she should have generalized the topic more than just not publishing the women's names. It could have been a thoughtful, hypothetical post on the topic but did seem very judgmental and personal-attack-like instead. I can fully appreciate some women not being comfortable nursing another woman's baby and even more so not allowing another woman to nurse her own baby, but the idea of this should not be gross or icky or shameful for any women who are comfortable with cross-nursing. The comment on Her Bad Mother's post by Jenny, the Bloggess is priceless and pretty much sums up my thoughts...milk from another human? Can't see how we're frowning on that practice and not being more critical of other nutrition sources.
- My littlest baby celebrated the exciting 1 year milestone last Thursday. We went to one of those paint-your-piece-and-we-fire-and-glaze-it pottery places to celebrate. I think everyone had fun; we had cupcakes and an Oreo ice cream cake to place us all in a deep sugar coma for the remainder of the evening. We'll see how talented we all are later in the week.
- My Flickr Pro account is expired, and I'm not sure I want to renew. I love Flickr, but I'm not really sure I need to be paying for online photo storage/sharing. There are free options out there that don't have the limitations of Flickr's free account, and I feel like I've got better ways to spend my money.
- Speaking of photos...since I'm not unlimited with Flickr any more, I am going to try to be better with posting pictures on Facebook. If you're a regular reader here or a blogger I read and want to be Facebook friends to get all the picture goodness (and other frivolous updates), let me know via email.
- The situation with IFKAMH is still infuriating and frustrating and stressful. I have an appointment with a counselor later this week to hopefully bring me back to a more peaceful state, either peaceful in that I'm over-reacting and can relax and stop worrying that he's ruining my children or peaceful in that I'm on the right track and can feel confident in my decision to take whatever steps are necessary to make changes.
- I need to come to terms with the fact that Private Practice is just not a show for me to watch. It often hurts too much to watch that show, and last week's episode really hit too close to home. I remember seeing that lifeless baby on an ultrasound and feeling that same disbelief, making that same claim that my baby was moving. A fictional television show shouldn't leave me feeling so sad; I cry enough over real life...I'm not watching TV for a good cry.
That's enough for now. I've got more, but not more time. Thanks for the support and understanding...always;>