Thursday, August 21, 2008

Truckin' along...

So much for my lofty ambition to post updates on my travels each day, huh? It's hard to get motivated to drag in the computer and power cord each night after a full day of new adventures and relentless pavement rolling, though.

Well, I'm currently somewhere in South Dakota, drivint south towards I-90 to head west for Rapid City. The sun has nearly disappeared to my right, and I have some driving observations I'll post some time later, like when I'm not hurling a couple tons of metal at 70 mph towards a stop sign that appeared in the middle of nowhere on a damn near deserted highway in The Great Plains.

We are making progress in reaching our destination and have little to no incidents to report, save for one tire blowout, not mine, and my uncanny knack for getting lost within half a mile of where I'm going while using two navigational assistants, my 5 year-old car's GPS as well as the iPhone. I know you're all envious of my directionally challenged abilities;>

More to come...stay tuned.

4 comments:

NoRegrets said...

Yay! So glad things are going well. Remember the sun sets in the west, and head towards that, and ultimately you'll be ok...

GA girl said...

Okay, remember I got lost in Patrick henry Mall before all of the additions. I still win. That and that time when we went to the Rocky Horror Ppicture Show and I drove down the train tracks instead of next to them? I still retain the crown.

Churlita said...

Good luck on your trip. I got lost with a GPS and a daughter who actually has a sense of direction. That's how challenged I am.

Susan said...

I always get lost with GPS. I hope things keep going good!