Thursday, May 15, 2008

Snot on my bra...

Giant Microbe common cold plushI had hoped my more-than-once-a-month blog posting would be more varied than the woeful tales of mommydom, but we're not ready for that quite yet, it seems.

Viral germs have invaded and may have conquered my children...all three of them. There's goo oozing out of all of their facial holes; one refuses any symptom-relief medicine (whiny? irritable? YES!) and another is too tiny to get any such stuff. Amazingly, LMX has very little trouble feeding despite his congestion and has remained in mostly good spirits. I've never had such satisfying use of the bulb syringe before in my life, though, which probably helps;>

So, I'm swimming in snot, trying not to drown...although I think I may be going under since the sore throat set in last night. Orange juice is now my beverage of choice, and naptime is anytime there is a mintue or two of peace and quiet.

Oh, and did I mention Miss P, the Newfie puppy that arrived full of pee and poop Friday night? Yeah, she either loves me or hates me because she thinks it's an honor to have me clean up her bodily waste and refuses to leave it outside in the grass when I'm available. Good thing she's super cute and not hyperactive. I'll get some pictures of her posted as soon as I can.

*edited for puppy picture*

Newfoundland puppy

9 comments:

Roadchick said...

Ah, the bulb syringe. When Rockboy was a baby and going through one of those viral things, we had been awake for DAYS. A word of advice: always squeeze the air OUT OF IT before putting it in the baby's nose. They don't like it when you blow air through their cranium.

Belle - A Beauty livin with her Beast said...

I left you something on my blog, check it out.

Susan said...

This is why I don't have kids: The mere mention of the word "snot" turns my stomach.

Dixie said...

Sick babies are no fun! No fun at all!! Hope everyone is feeling better soon!

Awwww cute puppy!

NoRegrets said...

What you need to do is train the dog to lick the snot off of the kids' noses! Very cute dog!

Churlita said...

I'm sorry about all the snot, but I love that cute puppy.

Victoria said...

OMG cutest puppy EVER!!!!!

Tera said...

Oh my! I hope you all get well soon!!! And um...what Susan said, I concur...that was on my list of words that turn my stomach blog a while back!

And that puppy is just too stinking cute! :)

rohit said...

hiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii
What a clever writing style you have. I really like the way you described your not-so-loved items, and the slideshow was brillo. I saw Mud's slideshow yesterday with the spotty tights, and loved that, too.