Friday, May 30, 2008

Moving on up the growth charts...

LMX had his two-month check-up yesterday afternoon. He's a solid 4 pounds above his birth weight and 3.25 iches longer (or taller if he was a standing human being), which is perfect. He handled his three vaccination pokes like a champ...wailed during the sticks and immediately calmed once they were done. That stuff is always so much harder for parents than the babies.

Two months old and been in his 3-6 month clothes for over a week;> And, of course, he's still rockin' his punkish faux-hawk hair style...providing a source of hours of entertainment for me.

Miss P is a clumsy, enormous puppy. She's about 30-ish pounds at 3 months of age. It seems her leg muscles may not be quite ready to fully support her weight as she can usually be found flopping herself on the ground or at least plopping her butt down whenever possible.

I've one more whole week of maternity leave left. It has gone too quickly, and I just don't want to give up my days of quality baby time, but I must, so I will.

One of my very best friends leaves tomorrow to do contract work in Iraq for at least a year. Please keep her in your thoughts and prayers. Today's her birthday, too.

Oh, by the way, we all survived the snot invasion I previously mentioned; I apologize for any adverse physiological reactions that post or this follow-up may have caused;>

7 comments:

fringes said...

Thanks for all the updates! Thinking good thoughts for your friend leaving for Iraq.

Belle - A Beauty livin with her Beast said...

Wishing your friend the best while in iraq.

Glad to hear the good baby news ( puppy to!)

I really wish you could rub some of the boy luck off on me for when I get prego again... I REALLY want one!!!

Celebrate Woo-Woo said...

fringes - You're welcome, and thank you;>

belle - Thanks, and we can totally trade boy and girl vibes for next time;>

Churlita said...

It sounds like you have a big healthy family. good for you. My thoughts are with your friend.

Tera said...

What a juicy baby :)! Best wishes to you and your family and your friend.

NoRegrets said...

TERA-lmao! juicy baby... ha.
anyway, sorry you have to go off materity leave. When do you move to seattle again?

Celebrate Woo-Woo said...

Thanks, all. My friend has gotten there safely and is getting some decent downtime to get adjusted.

noregrets - We leave for our trek across the country in a tad more than two months.