Thursday, January 03, 2008

There are a couple of future-women that will thank me someday...

Now that it's more than a week after Christmas, you probably thought the post-Christmas wrap-up blog posts would be over and done. Haha...not with procrastinators like me keeping blogs;>

Yesterday, I posted all the photos from our holiday celebration to Flickr. Today, I write about what awesome boyfriends and husbands my boys will make someday.

Other than trains, what might my boys' favorite present be? The gourmet kitchen, of course. I spent about three hours Christmas Eve assembling the plastic pieces that arrived in two enormous boxes a month ago. It still wasn't completely secured by the time I gave up at four in the morning because I didn't have the muscle necessary to continue gripping the screwdriver while trying to plow through the remaining pre-drilled holes barely visible dents in the industrial-strength plastic. It wasn't going to collapse without the added security of those screws, so I took the pictures and collapsed in my bed. The effort paid off a million times over when I stepped out of the shower Christmas morning to find they had woken up and immediately made themselves at home in their kitchen. They spent a couple hours that morning preparing meals for each other, J being careful to add just a touch of fresh-ground pepper to his creation.

Our next stop that day was my mom's house. There, the boys received a couple of very useful gifts, hand-held vibrating massagers that they'd had fun playing with at the store a few days before. No, not those kind of hand-held vibrating massagers...what kind of people do you think we are?!? Those cutesy things that are often thrown up on a display around this time of year along with other randomness that someone, somewhere might appreciate as a token of thoughtfulness should they wind up being a recipient. My first thoughts were, "Perfect. Mama could use a massage!"

I also received the gifts they had picked out for me while shopping with my mom. Tell me these boys aren't learning to be the kind of gift-givers women have fantasies about. They each chose a pair of earrings for me as well as a pretty silver necklace with a heart-shaped pendant that included changeable hearts to match a variety of clothing. J even chose the appropriate heart to go with my sweater today.

So, my boys are getting used to being gourmet chefs who give massages and choose jewelry as gifts for the important women in their lives. Sorry, ladies, they're only four; you've got a while before their eligible bachelors;>

8 comments:

Eunice said...

Your boys are so totally adorable!

Melissa said...

Those are some awesome boys you've got there.

EsLocura said...

happy new year and I have a 3 year old niece that might be interested in one of the boys, I'll keep ya posted : )

Tera said...

Woo, that is awesome...it reminds me of the time I bought my youngest son a grill that really made the sizzling sound and came fully equipped with steak, chicken, and all. He STILL won't let it go at 8 years old!

NoRegrets said...

Oh, that's so wonderful. I also have 2 nieces that would likely appreciate them someday - so they're a little bit older (6 and 8) but older women are good for younger men!

Susan said...

I need a man like this that yeah..well, much closer to my age.

heather said...

as long as you understand that one of them has been claimed on the behalf of cheeks. by the time they are old enough to marry three years won't be that big of an age difference. ;-)

Dixie said...

You know, I have a very beautiful daughter. She's only three right now, but one day.......

Love the photos!