Sunday, January 27, 2008

The simpleness that broke up the black clouds...

I guess before this weekend comes to a final close, I should keep my promise to share the things that happened last weekend to turn my mood around.

For starters, just writing the post and publishing it helped a lot more than I even imagined it would.

Then, two days later, as if my mom completely read my mind, she asked if she could have the boys spend the night with her last Friday. This demonstrates how in tune with me my mom is. She must know very well how hard it is for her daughter to flat out ask for help or a break, and so she disguises her offer of exactly that as a request for special grandma time, which I certainly can't turn down.

Thursday, I get an email from NS! My heart simply leapt for joy when I saw that little mail alert pop up. Nothing profound was said, but it was such a relief to just have contact once again.

Of course, that all got even better when he was able to call me on Friday. We talked for a while about how they'd gotten screwed and how I hadn't really been delusional in thinking that I should have heard from him about a week before I actually did. We just chatted and did as much catching up as possible with the little time we had on the phone.

Friday evening, my boys went with my mom, and I had a relaxed dinner watching what I wanted to watch on t.v. without any interruption.

Saturday didn't turn out to be the sleep in day that I had thought it would be, but I woke up well-rested and spent time online with NS for a lot of the day. I shared pictures from Christmas and of my big belly. He said the only thing people should be allowed to say to pregnant women, that I was beautiful. Of course, he brought on the tears with other sweet comments about wishing he could be here and by sending me a couple songs that he plays because they make him think of me (the most appropriate song for our situation, which is the one that had my cheeks soaked with tears and me excusing myself from our conversation to get some tissue when I listened to it, can be heard by clicking on the YouTube image below). I then ate dinner at my mom's and brought my boys home for the evening.



Sunday was a hermit day because both boys were sickly (J had started it Thursday night but acted like he felt much better by Friday afternoon) and not really able to eat anything solid, but it was also an easy day because they wanted to do nothing other than hang out with me on the couch watching movies.

So, my weekend was not filled with breaking up fights or repetitively ordering the boys to return to bed, and in fact, I had a lot of simple downtime, even when my boys were back home. I also got some quality, real-time contact with my husband and reassurances that he will be returning home as scheduled early-mid February (should be just a couple more weeks now), which I really, really needed. It also helped a lot that over the week, the boys stopped staying up 3-4 hours after they went to bed; we're not at an ideal sleep-time yet, but I'll take a reduction from 3-4 hours to 1-1.5. Yeah, I'll definitely take that as a reason to be happy;>

7 comments:

Susan said...

I'm so glad you're feeling better!!

NoRegrets said...

Wow, what a great song. Yes, I'd be sobbing hearing that.

Heather said...

Sounds like you had a much-needed weekend of relief -- in all possible ways. Good for you.

fringes said...

I loved your pictures of you and the belly on Flickr. Q and I think you're beautiful! Glad you're feeling better.

Churlita said...

Oh, I;m so glad to hear you're feeling better. mid February is only 2 weeks away. That's coming up really soon.

Dixie said...

SO glad you are in better spirits!

Victoria said...

Glad you're feeling good..er. : )