Monday, December 03, 2007

They've managed to keep Santa on their good side...

twin boys picture with SantaMy mom and I took the boys to see Santa yesterday. This is actually their first year doing the Santa visit, so I wasn't quite sure how they'd handle it or if they'd understand what they were supposed to do. I guess we did some decent prep work on them because they did great, and I do mean great. They sat right down in the sleigh next to Santa and happily told him they'd been good boys and what they wanted (thankfully, that hasn't changed from what they've been asking for all along). Then, they put on the charm for the pictures; the handful of people behind us kept ahhing and oohing and saying how precious they were;> The elf-lady took seven pictures of them, all of which turned out terrific. We had a hard time figuring out which few to get and in which package and ended up just buying the CD with all of them that included the copyright release, so now I can do whatever I want with them.

Of course, while I'm thrilled that this experience went so well, all the shopping (walking, standing, walking, standing...) we did brought on a miserable, all-day backache for me today. I've really been starting to rethink the wiseness of switching to flats while pregnant. Every time I've spent more than an hour or so on them, I end up with a pain in my lower back, although until this time it's always come the same night and been gone by morning and not been as achy. I guess that as this belly gets bigger, the aches that come will get worse, though. Oh well, I've got some less flat shoes in the mail to me now.

15 comments:

Jonathan said...

This kind of horrifies me - not the Santa thing - just the fact that it has been turned into a totally commercial experience in the US.

In the UK, Santa is completely free, and you are welcome to take your own photos.

I guess over here it is seen as a loss leader, and they don't milk you for it.

Celebrate Woo-Woo said...

jonathan - The Santa visit was completely free, and we were under no obligation to buy any of the pictures they took, and my mom and I both took pictures as well, but it seems all three photographers managed to capture the boys at just slightly different moments, and we didn't want to not have these pictures. We aren't talking $100 portrait pacakages...more like $10 for a couple 5x7s.

Tera said...

Woo...how adorable they are! Santa doesn't really "move" my children much anymore, thank goodness...the craze kind of nauseates me!

Susan said...

I miss the days of Santa.

fringes said...

I've got great pics of my daughter running screaming in the opposite direction. Glad things worked out with the boys!

It may not be the shoes, but the belly and the walking. Being not your first pregnancy, the baby might be heavier than the others? Just thinking aloud.

Churlita said...

My oldest daughter was terrified of Santa and the Easter Bunny until she was about 6. After that,we were able to get great photos, though.

Princesse Ecossaise said...

I was always terrified of Santa as a kid. I was forced to sit on his knee and had to whisper to him what I wanted for christmas. I hated it!

As for Jonathon's comment, that's simply not the case everywhere in the UK. There are places here where you have to pay to get your kids in to see Santa and they milk you for all the money they can get.

Eunice said...

I know they say that you should wear flats when preggers for safety reasons, but when you wear anything but the rest of the time, it seems a little ridiculous to expect you to switch. :)

NoRegrets said...

Maybe your arches just need more support? buy some liners?

Maddy said...

They make a fabulous photo.
Best wishes

This is my calling card or link"Whittereronautism"until blogger comments get themselves sorted out.

Chebbles' Mama said...

Hey Woo!

I've been living in Crocs' Mary Janes. I can dress them up and down, and most importantly, I don't have to bend down to put them on. I'm sure you know what I mean!

And The Chebs is flat out terrified of Santa. I think she wishes there were a place she could meet the Baby Jesus instead. He's much less scary to her!

What a CUTE PHOTO!!!

baby~amore' said...

that is so cute ...

We can take free Santa photos at one local shopping Centre.

Hope the mail comes swiftly for you and your back ache eases.I am so happy for you.

I am not sure if my boys will take to Santa or not this year.

FENICLE said...

SOO CUTE!! I love taking our 5 year old to see Santa and listening to him talk to the big man!

Susan said...

Hey woo! Hope you're doing ok. I posted a pair of the shoes I'm wearing today on my blog. Don't ask me why but I thought this would interest you. ;)

NoRegrets said...

Hope you have very happy holidays woo...