Thursday, November 22, 2007

A time to be thankful...

cornucopiaLast Thanksgiving, I would never have thought my life would be where it is now in just one year...not only married, but married and expecting a baby. While every pregnancy is a miracle, I can't help but laugh when I think about how much time NS has had to spend at sea this year and how miraculous it is that we managed to procreate during one of the short homecomings.

So, I have much to be thankful for this Thanksgiving:

* A wonderful husband, without whom I would not be living as happily as I am
* Two awesome little boys, who push me to the edge of my patience and beyond but always manage to make me smile and feel loved and full of love
* For these past few holiday seasons, when NS hasn't been able to be with me, I have been close enough to my family so that I have people with whom to share the good times
* We are no longer living in limbo of where we will be next year
* Because the company I work for has embraced the benefits of allowing its employees to work from home, I won't have to worry about finding a new job when we move
* Baby Woo-Woo, who is alive and kicking and growing bigger and stronger every day
* The internet, which allows me to connect to people when I need them, get information when I need it, and maintain my sanity

2 comments:

Sarah said...

This was wonderful! Thank you for sharing it...I have always thought that you are an extremely positive person.

I have been so curious to how you got your "at home gig" with your job. I hope you don't mind me asking but who do you work for and how did the "at home" gig come to be?

Celebrate Woo-Woo said...

sarah - In the interest of keeping specifics private, just send me an email, and I'll let you know about the company and how the transition came about.