Monday, November 19, 2007

Contact...

NS was able to reach me on Saturday but only very briefly as he was calling from his cell phone in Tunisia, which is in northern Africa. Today, we had fun trying to get connected while he was able to use someone else's computer since my laptop apparently has everything I need except a built-in microphone. Guess I'll be putting that on my shopping list of things to get soon, so we won't have any issues when he gets to the next port.

It was good to be able to hear his voice even though I didn't have much to talk about as there hasn't been much excitement in my world the past few days since I'd last emailed him. I was even able to send him a few pictures I'd snapped in the past couple weeks.

I didn't even remember until just as I began to write this post that today is the second anniversary of our first date. I feel incredibly lucky and grateful right now.

8 comments:

Eunice said...

Has it already been that long since you two met? No way...my how time flies!

Jonathan said...

Happy anniversary!

I can still remember walking up to my other half for the first time. I remember waiting to buy our first drink together, and catching her watching me.

Susan said...

That's so sweet, remembering dates. I can barely remember my own birthday alone with other dates.

NoRegrets said...

Don't hesitate - go out and buy the stuff you need...

Belle - A Beauty livin with her Beast said...

that is great!...and see you were worried you wouldnt be able to talk to one another.!

Tera said...

Oh Happy Anniversary...it's funny how we remember those things! That is awesome!

Valency said...

It wouldn't be so bad when they're gone if we could JUST have good communication!!

Celebrate Woo-Woo said...

eunice - You're telling me! And when was Alissa born?!? ;>

jonathan - Thank you. It's so wonderful that you remember those things.

susan - I am generally good with numbers. I'm usually the one that remembers everyone's birthday and phone number (back when I had to actually dial the number more than once;>) and that sort of stuff.

noregrets - I'm hitting the store tomorrow to pick up a webcam with mic. See and talk...I'll be in heaven;>

belle - I was worried about it. I figured we'd figure something out, like him calling me with the cell phone, but our "free and easy" way of communicating was looking like it wasn't going to happen.

tera - Thanks.

valency - So very, very true. Thanks for stopping by.