Friday, October 05, 2007

You know you're pregnant when...

the cereal, eggs, bacon, waffles, pancakes, and french toast that you have within reach don't sound good for breakfast. Instead you heat up a serving of enchilada casserole, pour some salsa in a bowl for the tortilla chips, and want nothing more than to compliment it all with the perfect Mexican side dish...a couple of dill pickle spears;> Of course, you're too full from the casserole and chips to eat the pickles with breakfast, so you're stuck pairing them with lunch.

10 comments:

Jonathan said...

I wonder why the female body does that - makes you "just fancy" what - to a normal sane person - sounds like the most horrific breakfast in the known universe?

What is your body possibly wanting that it thinks it knows is in these foods?

heather said...

other than the dill pickles, it sounds like a perfectly normal breakfast to me. :-)

Dixie said...

Oh so pregnant!

I craved grilled cheese sandwiches with pickles and bacon. Towards the end, I'd just put the pickles and bacon IN the sandwich and eat it like that.

Belle - A Beauty livin with her Beast said...

it is 9am and I now want some enchilada cassarole!

Celebrate Woo-Woo said...

jonathan - My only guess is plenty of protein and calcium in the casserole. The pickles have just sounded better and better all the time since I started eating them, but I don't know what they could contribute;>

heather - I agree; it was the pickles that made it a pregnancy breakfast;>

dixie - I'm totally having grilled cheese for dinner tonight; that sounds delicious. Of course, I'll have some pickles, too, since I'll have been able to restock by then;>

belle - It is quite tasty at any time of day. I recommend it;>

Susan said...

I'm just hungry now in general.

Eunice said...

Hey I eat like that on a regular day...

FENICLE said...

For shizzle?

I like a lot of things with eggs for breakfast...but that combo doesn't sit well with me.

Tera said...

You have to be pregnant to want that for breakfast? Damn!

Anonymous said...

Hey gurl, hope all is well.

-DANIELLE
PHILLY