Saturday, October 13, 2007

Where I earn my money...

So, I think it's been about a month now since I started working from home. Quite simply, I love it. It feels natural and comfortable and not much different from when I drove to an office that wasn't in my home.

And, well, since fringes asked, I thought I'd give you a peek at the place from where I do my work. You might, especially if you click on it to see the original size, see things like an aquarium with Marmaduke the betta, my lucky bamboo gifted to me by my former office mate (before we all acquired individual offices), a bag of dark chocolate M&Ms, pictures of M and J taped to the monitor, and a box of business cards I can't imagine I'll ever need, which is topped by my fetal doppler and a hand towel for wiping the goop off my belly. Offices with windows that actually have a view outside are fabulous;>

woo's home office

6 comments:

Jonathan said...

Your room looks so much more organised than where my desktop machine is at home.

It looks good if I just take the desk, but if I zoom out, there is a world of stuff threatening to bury you alive while sat there...

Susan said...

I wish I had a view like that out my window where I work. sadly, the windows at work are this glass you can't even see out of. It's a tease.

NoRegrets said...

I worked at home for about a month last year, and once I got used to it, it was great! For me it's a little weird not having face to face contact with people.

fringes said...

Thanks for participating! I miss working from home. The whirr of the washer, the no-lines at the grocer. Even mixing in housework, I always get more work done away from the office. Ah, the memories.

Sarah said...

How did you manage to get work at home??? Oh how I miss working from home. I want to do it again someday soon. How lucky you are. Remember when you first moved to VA and couldnt find a job...? and now look at you! please do tell.

heather said...

yay! marmaduke is still alive! nice workspace. i don't know that i could work from home though. i like being able to leave work at work and home at home. i tend to compartmentalize things like that.