Sunday, October 21, 2007

Li'l Man X or Li'l Miss J...

So, tomorrow is the big day, the day NS and I go in for an ultrasound that is meant to assure us that all is well with Baby Woo-Woo but also the one that should be able to tell us which name to have the boys practice. Time to make your predictions and see if you agree with everyone else or me;>



My pregnancy experience thus far:

- Some all-day/night nausea with no vomitting starting between weeks 6 and 7 and lasting through 10. I've even had a few spells in the past week, much more minor and fleeting, though. (I had no m/s with the boys' pregnancy and a couple weeks of all-day nausea and a few days of puking with Baby Angel, although the additional hormones from birth control pills may have contributed to that.)

- Worst acne of my life (nothing like this with either previous pregnancy).

- Belly is high and wide.

- No extra hair or nail growth, actually losing more than usual amounts of hair from my head.

- Cravings are all over the board but have been leaning more towards sweets and away from meat lately; I had a period of loving dill pickles; I still cherish my ice cream and fruits (watermelon, pineapple, apples, grapes, bananas); I could eat cheese and potatoes (not always together) any time.

- Face is definitely more oily and have had some oil-slicks on my hair.

- Baby's heartrate is high 140's to 150's.

- Emotionally unstable (more so that either of previous pregnancies).

- Chinese calendar predicts girl.

- Ring tests say girl.

- J, along with NS, grandma, co-workers, and even a passing comment from the last OB I saw, etc. all say girl.

- Me? I seem to be alone with thinking this baby is boy. M is with me, but it's because he says only boys are babies. Truth be told, I have pondered the possibility that I've convinced myself it's a boy to avoid even the slightest twinge of disappointment if it really is.

If there is more you could possibly want to know before venturing your guess, let me know. Have fun!

12 comments:

Charming Driver said...

Thanks very much for the link and I vote BOY!!

FENICLE said...

I'll be back to check and see. My vote is for PINK!!!!

And if it makes you feel better I am emotionally unstable all the time as well :) And I'm not pregnant!

Cagey said...

I am feeling pink. :-)

Melissa said...

Sounds pink-ish to me, but I'm not usually right about this stuff.

Dixie said...

You are soooo having a girl! I had the exact same thing, acne, hair loss, carrying high and wide, very strange cravings (sometimes all I could think about was tuna salad) when I was pregnant with my daughter.

So my vote is girl!!

Susan said...

I voted girl but I'll be just as happy with you having another adorable little boy!! Let us know as soon as you do!

NoRegrets said...

I voted girl too...

lilcali2mama said...

I vote boy. Only reason is because EVERYONE IN THE WORLD said I was having a girl. From how I was carrying to all my other symptoms, including the ring test and all....all signs pointed to girl. And I kept saying "watch...it's gonna be a boy" and sure enough, he IS a boy! I think somehow you just know...I guess since the baby is inside of you (and no one else). I really wanted my first son to be a girl, but I knew from day one that he was a boy. I even dreamed of a son every time I would dream about the baby. So if Mama's gut says "boy" then my vote is with her!!!

Good luck...can't wait to hear all about it. I know I thought I would be disappointed, but I was so thrilled once I saw his little face and his body and hands and things like that. It's amazing what an ultrasound does for you! Makes you feel like you got to "meet" the Little One :-D

Sarah said...

You are having a girl! At least that is what I feel.

Tera said...

If the belly is "high and wide..." I vote BOY! Both my boys sat right up under my boobs!

fringes said...

Happy with either! (Voted pink)

Melissa said...

Take it from a girl who spent some time pre-birth referred to as Jeremy Michael, you just don't know for sure until they arrive. :)