Wednesday, October 03, 2007

If I want anyone to participate, I guess I'll need to post...

De-Lurk DayWell, it has apparently been declared the Day to De-Lurk and Comment in the blogosphere, and while I've been slightly better with commenting than posting lately, I figure I'd participate and spread some comment-love. Then, I thought, I must invite others to do this as well, which sort of means I need to put up a post;>

First, let's get the update out of the way.

I'm well and getting to a better place than I was when I last posted. I've not yet arrived to "better place", but I'm on my way, and I imagine I'll be able to get there sooner than later. Our BIG ultrasound is scheduled for the 22nd, and once that goes well, "better place" should be right around the corner.

NS and I talked about some stuff that was bothering both of us. He was very bothered by some stuff that I was completely unaware of, and the stuff that's been swirling in my head (intense fear, numbness, lack of control over my moods and behavior...basically the stuff I expressed in that last post) wasn't anything he was aware of, either. After we talked about everything, we had a bit more understanding as to where each of us has been lately, and it helped. I felt better knowing that he knows what's going on with me from my point of view, and his mood seemed to be improved as well. He's out on another short tour of the Atlantic until the 19th and will then be home for a couple weeks before leaving for the three-month partial world tour; let's hope we have a great couple of weeks while he's home.

It seems that IFKAMH is planning to visit that same weekend NS gets home...awesome homecoming, I know (see now why I can't just assume those two weeks will be wonderful?). I am dreading this visit so much. I feel completely unprepared. I wish I could somehow convince him that this first visit shouldn't involve the boys at all but just us adults, discussing how these visits should go and covering ground rules and frequency and such, but since I can't seem to convince him to see my point of view on anything, I know it won't happen. I think his mom is coming as well, but I just don't know for sure. That was the original plan, but I haven't heard from her about it in a while. I hope she does simply because I think she needs to be involved in the discussion of what is actually in the best interest of M and J. I need to know where their logic comes from because I know where mine came from.

See? I told you, not yet at "better place"...gawd, I'm depressing myself with this stuff. Do I have anything remotely happy or lighthearted to say? Let's see...ah, yes.

M and J have their Halloween costumes! J has chosen once again to be Nemo. (Anyone need an XXS Nemo costume? Because now we have the XXS from last year and the XS that he'll wear this year;>) He's smitten with that fish, even tells his baby Nemo (the little stuffed one he carries around often) that he loves it and gives it hugs and kisses. It's very sweet;> M? Well, he has become obsessed with trains, specifically of the Thomas the Tank Engine variety, so he has chosen to go dressed as Thomas this year. If I recall correctly, he's worn that costume for at least a few minutes every day since we got it last weekend.

I've got a ton of pictures to put up on Flickr...stuff from New York and Chicago, the boys first professional haircut, and even one of M in that Thomas costume from Sunday. I'll try to get to that real soon.

Time to de-lurk, even if you just tell me how depressed I made you and how much you're looking forward to the real me returning, especially now that I've signed up for NaBloPoMo again, forcing myself to post something every single day for an entire 30 days. I'll start my de-lurking rounds now.

15 comments:

Belle - A Beauty livin with her Beast said...

I hope that the visit goes well for your sake. It is hard to throw kids into that position. My oldest daughter had to "get to know" her real dad when she was 6 he died in a car accident the day after her b-day. So she is left to this day with a "why did they bother" feeling.

I hope you find out the sex on your ultra sound!!>. I cant wait to know!

Tera said...

I just couldn't find the time to post every day! Comment? Maybe...post...nope!

I am hoping your visit goes well too...I just hate those!

bethiclaus said...

Delurking...

Alliclaus is going to be a ladybug for Halloween, primarily because she can't decide yet. Ha ha.

heather said...

yay! you posted.i'm so glad.:-) you've been missed. and thought of.

Victoria said...

hugs

Melissa said...

So many things on your plate right now, you poor thing.

And how did the boys do with their haircuts? I can't convince mine that haircuts are NOT a form of torture.

Celebrate Woo-Woo said...

belle - I hope we find out, too!

tera - I managed to succeed last year, so let's hope I can find the time to do it this year because it was fun, and I found a lot of great bloggers from it.

bethiclaus - Yay for delurking! I think this is the first year the boys have actually specifically asked to be something for Halloween.

heather - Thanks for thinking of me and checking on me;>

victoria - Thank you.

melissa - About the haircuts, my mom has been cutting their hair since we moved back to VA, now over 2 years ago. When the idea of having someone else cut their hair, J was not happy and acted terrified. Since M didn't seem to have a problem with it, he went first. After that, J went right along for his turn. They did wonderfully, stayed perfectly still and moved when the stylist told them to move, etc. They've always been great with at-home haircuts, but those have always been done by grandmas, which may be why they're so cooperative;>

Susan said...

I actually signed up for the post every day thing. It might be interesting because I very, very rarely post on weekends.

I'm glad you're back even if you are down in the mouth. It'll get better. I have faith.

TX Poppet said...

A day late, but wanted to delurk enough to let you know I found your blog via NaBloPoMo.

FENICLE said...

i'm not really de-lurking....but i'm a day late anyways....

hope all goes well with the visit :)

Celebrate Woo-Woo said...

susan - Thanks for adding me as a friend, too! And, yes, it will get better; it is better, and it will get to be great again, I know.

tx poppet - Thanks for stopping by and delurking!

fenicle - We shall see. Thanks;>

Dagromm said...

I can't wait to hear the results of the ultrasound. Good luck!

Eric said...

Hopefully your son's recent obsession with Thomas is lead-free. There have been a number of recalls of T.T.E-related merchandise recently.

Glad to see you're back. I'm a frequent visitor.... er, lurker.

Celebrate Woo-Woo said...

dagromm - You and me, both!

eric - Thanks for delurking! I've got a number of people on the lookout for recall info. So far, we've had no recalled products.

NoRegrets said...

Talking is a good thing. Glad you are doing well.