Thursday, July 05, 2007

Time to start sharing my life again...

Canon PowerShot 850 IS
I've got a lot of topics on an in-my-head list to blog about, but I'll ease back in with some early birthday celebration we've had. NS and I have birthdays this month, five days apart, mine before his. Since he leaves for five weeks at sea tomorrow, he will not be present for either of those days. Well, that can only mean one thing: an early birthday celebration.

Because I didn't want to have him open his present tonight only to have to leave tomorrow, I gave it to him on Tuesday when it arrived. Wii is so much fun. I giggle every single time the players switch sides in the baseball game. I will have to pick up another set of controllers before he gets home so we can box each other;>

Since he got his present that night, he felt it only fair to give me mine. On our way home from North Carolina a couple weekends ago, we stopped for lunch. Before we made our way to the lunch place, he pulled into a shopping center that had a Coach outlet. He had me pick out a purse I liked and bought it for me. I didn't get it then, though. Apparently it was to serve as the wrapping for my already bought birthday present...a new camera! In case y'all are new to reading or have forgotten, I lost a camera coming back from our vacation to Canada at the beginning of this year. I was heartbroken over that loss. I will never be able to enjoy the pictures of my boys in snowgear posing on snowmobiles that I was so excited to have captured. The camera being lost wouldn't have hit me so hard if there hadn't been priceless pictures stored on it. I think that might teach me to remove the memory card for placement in a safer location in the future. Anyway, so I haven't been able to justify a replacement since then. I've snapped a couple shots here and there with the camera on my phone, but we all know that most phone cameras aren't supposed to be your real camera. This new camera is a few steps up from my previous one, and as much as I was infatuated with my former companion, I have even greater feelings for this one. With all the changes expected over the course of the next year, I may just restart the 365 self-portrait challenge.

Oh, and isn't he awesome...he included an 8 GB memory card. I'm sure I'll have fun trying to fill that;>

7 comments:

Dagromm said...

Wow. He's a lot better at present giving than I am. I'm going to write that one down.

Dr.Jeeeol said...

Pimp presents. Cant wait 4 u to start takin lots o pics!

Tera said...

I LOVE PRESENTS!!! That is fantastic Woo, AND a Coach bag?!?!?! It sounds like you definitely "take care of business ;)"

Chebbles' Mama said...

What a thoughtful husband, and you are such a great Woo to get him a Wii!!!

heather said...

ok, your ns and my j need to sit down and have a conversation. rather j needs to keep his mouth shut while ns schools him in the art of gift-giving. :-)

it's only 5 weeks. just think of all the pictures you can take for him now! ;-)

FENICLE said...

I can't wait to see the pic's! We're in search of a new camera. Let me know how well you like it (or don't like it).

Dixie said...

He's crafty! I like that!

Congrats on the new camera. I'm jealous. I want a new camera!