Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Official pregnant task #1 accomplished...

definitely pregnant
I went to my general practioner today to get the pregnancy confirmed and a referral for an obstetrician. While there, they checked my pee and stole some blood. First sigh of relief can be expressed. Urine was normal; blood test confirmed pregnancy and came back with good numbers.

I feel a little more pregnant today than I did yesterday. I was terribly uncomfortable in my pants today, so much so that I sat around my office most of the afternoon with them unbuttoned and unzipped. I'm also starting to get the icky attitude about food, you know, where I'm kind of hungry but the thought of eating something doesn't really seem like a good idea. I expect those feelings to get stronger and more frequent in the coming weeks, probably hitting a peak around the time we fly to Chicago in mid-August for our second wedding party. Oh, I'm gonna be an awesome travel companion! Poor NS. Me with my early pregnancy glamour and then the two 3.5 year-old boys. Doesn't it sound like the funnest plane ride ever?

Now, I'm just waiting for my referral letter to come in the mail. Upon its arrival, I get to make the "real" appointment, although it does sound like a boring paperwork one according to the woman I talked to this afternoon at their office.

Thanks to everyone for the congrats, the well wishes, the positive thoughts, and the prayers. You know it all made me cry;>

16 comments:

heather said...

happy tears only are allowed.

uhmm, make that hormonal as all get out tears ~and~ happy tears only allowed. ;-)

isn't it odd how the mere confirmation of what you already suspect can intensify all of those uncomfortable feelings? it's like by ~knowing~ you somehow give yourself permission to get a little (ok, ok, in my case at least, a ~lot~) weird about the most random things.

do you have someone who can travel with you? to help you and ns keep track of everything? it may be worth looking into. peace of mind is flippin' ~priceless~. and i'm sure by that time the lovely brain farts will be fairly constant. that's the one thing i hated about being pregnant. i suffered from ~major~ crs. lol (can't remember sh*t)

FENICLE said...

Safe travels ok!

Belle - A Beauty livin with her Beast said...

I am so happy for you!!!.....you should scream out and shed many happy tears...keep us posted!

Roadchick said...

Congratulations! Pamper yourself a little (or a LOT, depending on the day).

NoRegrets said...

by the way, congratulations!

Tera said...

Well I guess you can officially put your Moon Cup away for a while!

Have a safe trip!

Victoria said...

eeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

Chebbles' Mama said...

How cool to have official documentation that you are indeed knocked up! Congratulations again.

And I flew to Hawaii and Pittsburgh and Mississippi while in the first trimester and with a toddler, and I think the person who suffered the most was my husband!

EsLocura said...

thank goodness I will not be flying anywhere near you. lol on a serious note, what a groovy thing. looking forward to the updates.

Sarah said...

I simply cannot find the words to express how happy I am for you. How is this possible when I have never met you???

Celebrate Woo-Woo said...

heather - Yes, there were happy/hormonal tears. We don't have anyone to travel with us for the entire week. My mom will be flying a few days after us to make it to the actual party, but we'll be there on vacation for a full week. I'm sure we'll make it through. I've got some Preggie Pops my mom gave me from the last time around, too.

fenicle - OK!

belle - Thanks. I'll definitely keep everyone posted.

roadchick - Thanks. I pampered myself last night by allowing myself a long nap after dinner.

no regrets - Thank you.

tera - Happy to put it away for a long while;>

victoria - I feel the same way;>

chebbles' mama - I do have a feeling that NS will feel the brunt of this trip more than any of the rest of us. Poor guy. Glad to hear you managed some travels, too.

eslocura - I completely understand being happy not to be traveling anywhere near us, too. I can't wait to have more updates.

sarah - Well, considering I'm pretty sure you've been reading here for 2+ years, it's understandable. You've been reading along for all the major changes in my life over that time, and quite honestly, there have been so many. Look at the dire craze that grips people surrounding Harry Potter, a fictional character. People are so invested in finding out what happens to those characters because they've read so much about them over the years. By the way, I felt the same sense of happiness and joy for chebbles' mama, and I've read her blog far less time than you've been reading mine.

The Lass said...

Congratulations....

wildflower said...

i read somewhere...the funniest thing about it is...you cant see your toes when you stand upright!!! have a sweet time...

Celebrate Woo-Woo said...

the lass - Thank you.

wildflower - I think the funniest thing is seeing your belly jump because the baby has hiccups. Alwasy cracked me up and entertained me for hours;>

Whymommy said...

Congratulations on your pregnancy! Wonderful news!

Thanks for posting about IBC today -- the more the merrier!

Rose said...

This is my first visit to your blog. I was browsing the bloggingfusion.net directory and thought I would lurk around some blogs. Congratulation on your pregnancy. Your little boys are so cute.