Tuesday, July 10, 2007

I think I've been converted...

Mooncup UK
When I ordered my Mooncup UK, I thought I would have to wait to use it. My little clear latex bell arrived well before promised, so I got to put it to use the very next week. I was skeptical at first. I mean, there's an entire forum devoted to these things...would the trouble be be worth it?

My final report? I had absolutely no problems with it. Not with folding, not with inserting, not with removing, not with cleaning, and, most importantly, not with leakage. It wasn't uncomfortable; it wasn't even noticeable. I slept with it, and it wasn't whirling around or draining backwards...not as far as I could tell, anyway. Although it may simply be my body's nature, it never once came even close to being full. I'm truly amazed at the greatness of this tiny cup and can't imagine reverting to my old supply after just a few days of use.

I'm sure that's more than enough information for some of you about menstrual cups, but if anyone wants to know more or ask a question, feel free to click that link to my Blogger profile and send me an email.

11 comments:

Dixie said...

Hmmmmm. Interesting. Email coming your way.

Tera said...

Glad you liked it Woo :), but still not sure I could try it!

heather said...

does this make you a moony?

;-)

Chebbles' Mama said...

I'm impressed that you used it, and that it worked so well! I thought it was one of those things that are kind of just for hippies. Thanks for the recommendation!

Celebrate Woo-Woo said...

tera - I'm not out to convert anyone, but I'm definitely converted. I was shocked at how quickly I loved my mooncup. I can't go around handing out stickers to strangers, though, because my children got to them first;>

heather - I think I'll call myself a mooner;>

chebbles' mama - My hippiness is limited; I'm all about ease, comfort, and luxury. I think I'm easily persuaded to try new things, though, which is how I came to not only not being disgusted by the mooncup but actually buying and using one;>

k8 said...

i'm sorry -i must be too southern. give me a good ole tampax.

Sarah said...

What is the difference between the moon cup and the diva cup?? I used the diva cup for the first time this month and I liked it but had difficulty fitting it in.

Eunice said...

I don't think that I would have ever figured out what that thing was had you not enlightened me.

Now I'm just intrigued.

Celebrate Woo-Woo said...

k8 - I'm a southerner, too, but tampons (even my Tampax Lites) were too much absorption for me towards the end. The realization that I might be able to use something that didn't deplete my moisture seemed like a decent enough idea;>

sarah - I checked the LiveJournal Menstrual Cup Support Forum, and they have a comparison chart. Looks like the Mooncup is shorter but slightly wider at the rim. There is also a comment on that page (and I remember reading it on at least one other thread there) that the Mooncup is softer and more flexible. I think there was also some mention from a couple people that the DivaCup tends to sit a little lower and has more issues with people needing to trim the stem.

eunice - I found myself intrigued by it, too, and then compelled to try it out for myself;>

Victoria said...

I think I'm still too chicken!

Gilz said...

I've had my Mooncup for 5 years and wouldn't use anything else. Its brilliant. So great that I now sell them. www.redpepa.za.net