Friday, June 15, 2007

Silly Woo Trivia...

Trivia
Miss Zoot tagged the first 7 people to read her 7 random facts to continue the meme, and although I am clearly unable to determine if I was one of the first 7 to read her post, I was one of the first 7 to read and comment, so here we go...

1. My fingers are long, almost-freakishly long. IFKAMH and I have the exact same size hand from wrist to finger tips. Picture putting your hand against someone else's, playing mirror, if you will. His palm? It covered my palm and about half the distance from the base of my fingers to the tip. My finger tips met with his, though. NS and I aren't that far off from matching up, either, but he is 5-6 inches taller than IFKAMH (and nearly a foot taller than me), so it's to be expected that his hands would be longer as well.

2. My thumb is my second thinnest digit, pinkie donning the crown for queen of skinny in the land of my hands.

3. Speaking of odd appendage facts, my second toe is longer than my big toe (on both feet, if that wasn't understood). It's not so noticeable until I flatten the toes out, then you can see that the second toe is a whole nail above the big toe. You know how wearing monochromatic clothing is supposed to make you appear taller and thinner and how you're supposed to avoid belts that might interrupt that clean head-to-foot line? I use the same logic on these toes, which is why I try to break their long lines by snapping shiny toe rings on them.

4. I avoid using the bathroom stall right next to one that someone is occupying. I like to have at least a one stall separation on either side if possible...comforts my neurosis of being heard voiding or defecating by others in rationalizing that the sounds cannot possibly be heard through an entire stall. I also shake my head silently while rolling my eyes when someone enters the stall right next to mine when there are five vacant ones on the other side of that one. My mind shouts at them, "Why? Why would you use the stall right next to someone?!?" Because in my mind, this is the equivalent to sitting on a toilet that is not separated by a partition of any sort, like we could glance over and see what the other is doing and high-five or something. I then leave the restroom as quickly as possible because I also don't like being seen in there by other people.

5. Going along with more of my bathroom hysteria, I cringe when I walk into a stall and see the water recovering from the previous person's flush. It's easier to come to terms with using a public restroom when I can believe the toilets have been cleaned thoroughly just before I've walked through the door. Seeing the woman washing her hands at the sink and the swishing water in the toilet is almost too much for me. We might as well undress and rub our butts together. But, it is too late to exit her stall and use another because she will wonder why I couldn't use that one. I can't give her an irrational fear over what she must have missed that would make me turn away in disgust since she's already used that one; it's just not fair.

6. I would prefer to have my fingers pricked for blood until each one had five or six holes squeezed until dry than to have to have a needle slowly slipped into my veins for an exercise in blood-letting. This may have a lot to do with the fact that those directly-into-my-vein tactics rarely work on the first (or even the second or third, for that matter) try, and I end up with multiple bruises in varying locations from elbow to hand, both left and right, for weeks. Never had an incident with a finger prick going wrong, though. No one ever said, "I just can't get it to work. I'll be right back with {name of wisest, most experienced on the staff, yet most jaded nurse in the hospital}. She'll probably get it on the first try." The prick is super fast - needle in, make tiny hole, needle out - and doesn't involve anyone taking said needle and twirling it under my skin, trying to stretch that hole just a bit further to get to the real source of my blood. I will maintain that if human blood was meant to exit the body like this, we would be equipped with handy valves to open and close.

7. In the reigning territory of my needle phobia, I hate getting shots. Hate. Getting. Shots. HATE. I haven't been up to date on boosters since I was forced to be in order to enroll in school, which was when I was 10. I remember the day of that shot, my MMR (measles, mumps, rubella) booster. I would not sit still. I was fidgety, and then I jumped out of the chair exclaiming that I needed to go to the bathroom right now. I'm not sure how they (yes, they...the doctor, my mom, a nurse or two) got that thing in me without restraints, but I'm sure that would have been the next strategy they employed. I complained for days, weeks, might even have been months and years, later about how they had poked me in the bone with that awful blade of a needle. The phantom hole in my humerus plagued me with twinges of pain. I'm sure I wouldn't be such a wuss with a shot now, not now after I've been poked and prodded and otherwise invaded as the result of being a woman carrying a baby (or babies, in my case), but I'm not volunteering for any injectables in the foreseeable future.

As for passing the meme tag along, I will honor Miss Zoot and advise the first 7 of you to read this to do it, too.

7 comments:

Tera said...

Woo...great post! It's been a while since I've been by, but what a treat!!! I have a random fact about my fingers too! I was born with 6 fingers on both hands...aka polydactily! Since it is a dominant gene carried on the X chromosome, if I have 100 boys, they will ALL have them (both my sons did!)

Celebrate Woo-Woo said...

Welcome back, tera! That is definitely an interesting random fact about your fingers;> Thanks for sharing.

Nikki said...

Missed you!

must say this line made my day: "We might as well undress and rub our butts together."

fringes said...

Dang. I just completed a tag and I'm your third comment. Can I do it later after the other meme has worn off?

Celebrate Woo-Woo said...

nikki - I'm happy to have made your day via my bathroom neuroses;>

fringes - You most certainly may.

heather said...

i'll add this to my 'to do list'. i'm sure it will come in handy.

Celebrate Woo-Woo said...

heather - I'll be looking forward to reading;>