Wednesday, June 06, 2007

Burnin' fuel and fat...

even if not in the right places...

Hannah Kozak on fireThere was a comment made the other night about some bone protruding from my behind. I feel the comment, at the time, given the circumstances, was true, but I think when not laying on my side, allowing all the cushion to make a super pillow on the laying down side, it really is anything but boney. At least I hope so. I really don't have any desire to make that area smaller. Now, put it back where it belongs, separated from the back of my upper thighs, that is something I have dreams of seeing once again. But, dimish what's there? Absolutely not. The image of saggy-bottom pants in my future is quite frightening.

Well, anyway, last week for the fitness challenge was definitely more thrilling than the second week, with a 2.4 lbs. loss. I've almost gotten a full 5 lbs. shed now.

There seems to have been a great benefit to the restaurant meal=two meals rule I've been following. Both Friday night and Sunday afternoon involved restaurant meals, and I didn't manage to break 1000 calories either day. Not what I was expecting (and too few calories, in my opinion), but I also didn't do a workout dvd either of those days, and I didn't feel the least bit hungry or de-energized, so I guess it wasn't all too terrible. In fact, I was overly stuffed during Friday's dinner. I didn't even finish half the meal I'd ordered because I'd had a heaping plate from the salad bar while waiting. I managed to finish half the broccoli and half the steak, but I felt like my stomach might actually burst open and paint the place with leafy greens and a few bits of fruit and meat for color and variation. I playfully poked my finger into my protruding tummy to take my mind off of it's aching fullness.

The delicious spinach, strawberry, honey-roasted almond with basalmic vinaigrette dressing salads also made a major contribution in keeping those days in check. For a more-than-filling serving of that, it's barely over 100 calories. I use approximately 1 cup of baby spinach, 1/4 cup sliced/diced strawberries, 1 tablespoon of honey roasted almonds, and 2 tablespoons of dressing. This salad makes me positively giddy.

The weightloss challenges are abound throughout blogland with another one going on at susan's place. I really would love if 10 lbs. disappeared in 5 weeks instead of me waiting out my full, almost-10 weeks, but I'm not going to make any changes to achieve it sooner. Might happen on it's own, though, and wouldn't that be just marvelous;>

2 comments:

mist1 said...

Is everyone on a diet?

You all are going to drive me crazy. Let me know when calorie counting season is over.

Celebrate Woo-Woo said...

mist1 - It certainly seems like it. I'm starting to wonder if we all really have that much weight to lose. The next post will have absolutely nothing to do with exercise, food, or weight...promise;>