Thanks for the Happy Mother's Day wishes. It was a lovely day, me lounging about being mommy to boys who alternated tummy aches. No fights, no stress, just comforting little boys as only mommy can do;> My mom hasn't gotten her gift yet, though, because of that unfortunate turn of events. Turns out she had an ache herself. Maybe it was the turkey the three of them ate on Saturday when I chose the roast beef.
Anyway, this post is about my participation in Sassy Pants's 7-Week Fitness Challenge. I had been doing pretty good at keeping up an every-other-day schedule with my yogalates dvd for a few weeks before the blowout knee injury of a few weeks ago. That put me out of commission for yogalates and the walks at work and the dog-walk after work. The whole thing pretty much pissed me off with its interference of my ability to function as a non-sedentary human being. The frustration of clothes shopping on Saturday (not-so-quick tangent - I'm sorry, but I didn't gain that much weight with Baby Angel's pregnancy, and considering I have many other items of clothing that fit fine in smaller sizes, I am certain that the sizing for most of the Macy's juniors'* department is way out of control, like wedding dress size out of control - end tangent) put me in a more pissed off mood, and combining that with the post on Sunday from Sassy Pants, I became super determined that this weight will come off. And, in the process, I will be healthier.
So, on with the actual plan already:
- 15-minute walk during work hours
- 15-minute dog-walk after work
- Complete 1 workout dvd every weeknight (currently only doing the one yogalates dvd, but I have 2 of them and am expecting a shipment for 3 other workout dvds next Monday...I'm going to be bellydancing, salsaing, and aligning my chakras come next week;>)
- Eat 5 times a day (breakfast, snack, lunch, snack, dinner)
- Have smoothie (fresh fruit, frozen fruit, yogurt) after workout
- No fast food during the work-week
- More fruits and veggies all the time
- No packaged snack foods (chips, cookies, pretzels, etc.) during the week and very limited on the weekend
- Any restaurant meals must be consumed over the course of at least 2 meals
- Read labels on everything and buy as close to all-natural as possible (along these lines, avoid low-fat/low-cal alternatives...stick with small portion of real item)
That's what I'm aiming for with hopes that the results will be a healthier me, weighing about 15 pounds less than I currently do. I'm not necessarily aiming for the 15 pounds by the end of the 7-Week Challenge, but by the middle of August, which amounts to a reasonable 1.25 lbs/week.
In order to keep myself on track, I signed up for a FitDay account. I've made it public, so feel free to keep track of my progress, but keep in mind, I'm not currently holding myself responsible for tracking the weekends. Not saying I won't, but I'm not going to worry too much about those days being they are going to be my no-guilt-allowed days. Thanks to Jan B for making her FitDay journal public and allowing me to see what a wonderful tool it could be.
* Yes, I still shop in the juniors' department; I'm not sure when I'm not supposed to do that anymore, but as far as I can tell, it's still not yet. The denim there is much more my taste, and I was looking for denim shorts. I've also found the non-juniors' department bottoms to still be too high-waisted to be flattering on me, especially with the too-short shirts to go with them.