Wednesday, May 09, 2007

Putting memories on ice...

flashing ice cubes
Now that I've got the beach house (that virtual tour sold me) for our June party reserved and wedding announcement/party invites picked out and ordered, I feel slightly more relaxed. Like I can breathe and do something else with my time. Also helps a great deal that NS is stopped in the Bahamas for a few days and was able to see those two things and reassure me of my choices last night.

I'm inspired to write about several different things, but certainly not all at once, so I'll just start with a piggy-back off of Susan's request last week about moments we'd freeze in time if we could.

A few of those types of moments popped into my head.

* I'd love to freeze the moment during my 7th birthday party when I saw my Cookie Monster cake. It was the most glorious cake I'd ever laid eyes on, and I can picture the cake and the surroundings vividly, but I can't see myself or my reaction, and I'd love to be able to since it is such a fond memory from my childhood.

* I know I could watch the moments when I first met my boys over and over again until the end of time. I remember my reaction being that their skin was "so soft" and then feeling the enormous sense of relief in knowing they were really there and delivered in perfect condition. Tears of pure worry-release rolled down the side of my eyes when I heard those first wails.

* One moment in time that I could relive and just stay in forever would be a night when the boys were asleep in the room next to NS and I as we snuggled on the couch watching I, Robot last summer. I was pregnant with Baby Angel, and at that moment, life was pefect. He rested his head gently on one side of my bulging belly with his hand carressing the other. A moment of simple bliss when I felt certain everything would be alright.

In case y'all didn't share last week with Susan, either, feel free to replay your favorite life moments in comments.

10 comments:

Chebbles' Mama said...

I used to go to a week-long summer camp in Virginia, and the last day was always so perfect. We were all wearing ratty T-shirts and were all so in love with each other at that point. I'd take Evening Six of summer camp, with the hugs and the happiness and the crickets chirping at night.

Dagromm said...

I would take last Saturday over and over again forever. It was awesome to get to watch my daughter at her best.

FENICLE said...

I couldn't get the link to the beach house to work...but we rented a house through Sun Realty on the Outer Banks for our honeymoon! LOVED IT!!!! See if you can fix the link...I'd love to see it.

k8 said...

awwww- so sweet!

Celebrate Woo-Woo said...

chebbles' mama - I can't remember ever going to a sleep-away camp as a kid. You're the third blogger that I can recall in the past couple weeks recalling fond memories of camp. I think I'm jealous and want to make sure my kids get to do that.

dagromm - That is so sweet. I'm sure she was thrilled with that goal.

fenicle - I'm pretty sure I've got the right link now. I tested the url on it's own, and it worked, so hopefully it'll work for everyone else now;>

k8 - I'm happy you think so;>

kikihoney said...

the beach house looks like a lovely place to have a party.

Nocturnal said...

Your ideas are of the past, I suggest the future; particularly things you've always wanted to do.

NINjoy the gig.

Skyqueen said...

Great moments woo

heather said...

here's hoping this mother's day brings more freezable moments. :-)

Jonathan said...

Wendy has a similar memory from her childhood - of the Christmas when her Grandfather made her a dolls house... she thought she wasn't getting anything for christmas and was too quiet to say anything. Then her Mum asked her to fetch something from the kitchen - and all the men were stood in the way of it :)

I would kill to have seen her face when they parted, and showed the house with the bow around it :)