Sunday, May 13, 2007

Happy Mother's Day...

mom's gift
For the past few days I've had the boys creating masterpieces. They applied the foam-sticker flowery border on the photo album we're giving to my mom. They've written their names - along with the names of everyone they know, like mommy, daddy, grandma - on the cards we bought last weekend.

This is what Mother's Day was about for me. I remember crafting gifts and making cards for my mom every year, usually taking inspiration from the projects in Highlights magazines. It was always so much fun for me, and I know my mom still has some of those things. I hope by having them apply their personal touches to the cards and helping with the creation of my mom's gift that I will have years of handmade treasures to look forward to collecting.

They were too excited and proud of the photo album and sort of let it slip yesterday when we were leaving for a day of shopping with my mom. Next year, we work on keeping things as a surprise;>

Happy Mother's Day to every mother, with or without children.

6 comments:

Dagromm said...

That's cool that you spent the time to do this with them. Reading the cards my kids made for my wife was a riot. They get so excited about this stuff.

Susan said...

I hope you had a wonderful mother's day!

Dixie said...

Happy Belated Mother's Day!

heather said...

just wait till the boys start school. then you get the flowers in dixie cups. and the jewelry boxes made of clay. and cards to treasure for a lifetime. :-)

FENICLE said...

What cute ideas!! Ah....HIGHLIGHTS....I remember that! Happy Mother's Day :)

Chebbles' Mama said...

That's such a terrific present for your mom. I hope you and she both had a great day!