Thursday, May 24, 2007

Eatin' good in my neighborhood...

mouth-watering steak
I was tagged by heather last week to do the top five local restaurant meme. I was supposed to have gotten around to it last Friday night, and I might have, but we had some conferring to do beforehand;> After I read her choice for Texas Roadhouse, I decided to list five places that are more than just a good place to eat for me, so that is what I've done...because I have too many favorite eateries to narrow the list to five.

1. Add a direct link to your post below the name of the person who tagged you. Include the city/state and country you’re in.
Nicole (Sydney, Australia)
velverse (Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia)
LB (San Giovanni in Marignano, Italy)
Selba (Jakarta, Indonesia)
Olivia (London, England)
ML (Utah, USA)
Lotus (Toronto, Canada)
tanabata (Saitama, Japan)
Andi (Dallas [ish], Texas, United States)
Todd (Louisville, Kentucky, United States)
miss kendra (los angeles, california, u.s.a)
Jiggs Casey (Berkeley, CA, USA! USA! USA!)
Tits McGee (New England, USA)
Kat (Ontario, Canada)
Cheezy (London, England)
Paula (Orange County, California, U.S.)
Jeff (Colorado, USA)
Fringes (around Houston, US)
Tera (Somewhere In KY by way of OH, USA)
heather (upstate new york, usa)
woo-woo (southeast Virginia, USA)

2. List your top five local eating places.

My list is of five local places that I enjoy immensely for the food that also have a special memory or occasion association for me.

1 - Cinco de Mayo (no website) - This is the place NS and I first met each other face to face. We had a great time talking and drinking and laughing and drinking a little more. We followed this with a few games of bowling at a place down the street. If you're ever in need of entertainment, take me bowling. I bowl granny-style but don't totally suck, usually scoring over 100;>

2 - Grate Steak - This is a place where you can cook your own steak. You can also pay an extra dollar or two to have it done for you, which is what we did. This is the restaurant where NS and I ate the night that M called him "daddy". This was where he made it clear to me that he didn't mind. At the time I wasn't too sure if it was that he didn't mind because they were just little kids who didn't know any better or if he really didn't mind them thinking of him as daddy; I should have known it was the latter.

3 - Texas Roadhouse - This was where a nervous yet relaxing dinner was shared between NS and me the night I told him I was pregnant last summer. I was so relieved to have finally gotten to tell him but had also had plenty of time to let the shock of it all sink in and be happy about it; he was just in shock.

4 - Ruth's Chris Steak House - In celebration of NS's birthday last year, his parents took him, me, his sister, and his sister's friend here to eat. Without a doubt, the best steak I've ever had, and we all had a good time. This was only a couple nights after I'd met them for the first time, but I wasn't uncomfortable, and in fact, felt completely at ease. We ended the evening with an extended game of Trivial Pursuit, which NS, his dad, and I won;>

5 - Melting Pot - NS and I ate here for the first time last year for my birthday celebration. It has since become our special occasion place. We've gone there with his family and for our anniversary in November. The food is always wonderful, and the atmosphere is perfect. A bite of cheesecake dipped in chocolate is Heaven on a stick, and I can't not love a place that serves that;>

I don't know how I survived three and a half years of my life as a vegetarian. Three of my five are steak houses, and Melting Pot has an entire course dedicated to meat, poultry, and seafood.

Now comes the part where I should pass along this tag. I don't really know who hasn't been tagged and, frankly, am not up to the task of notifying those whom I've tagged. So, if ya wanna do this...tag.

9 comments:

Nicole Tan said...

Wow...looks like all the 5 places mentioned has such special memories between you and M!! so sweet and romantic!!

Grate Steak looks good...I think I would cook the steak myself though because I enjoy that more...but then again having ppl cook for you is always good too..i think someone who did the tag before mentioned Melting Pot is good..Yummy

Ps thanks for doing the tag. I hope you enjoyed it.. If you know of anyone else doing it please feel free to send me a message and I’ll update them too on the updated list of tag doers

jomama said...

I've never heard of two of those places. I've wanted to go to Melting Pot since before it opened, but I never have time. And I LOVE Grate Steak. Their bread alone is worth a trip. I go there almost every year for my birthday, but I keep hearing that they are closing. That's where my husband and I went on the night he proposed so it will always be a favorite for me.

heather said...

lol, i know what you mean. i did the veg thing for about two years myself. i was done in by a blt. if only they would come up with a restraunt dedicated to bacon. yummm ;-)

Celebrate Woo-Woo said...

nicole tan - I did enjoy the tag. I love some good food! I'm still amazed that you've followed the tag around...I don't think I've ever seen that done before.

jomama - Melting Pot is a wonderful special romantic occasion place. Sharing a pot of cheese and then marinade and then chocolate with someone you love is an experience you should have.

heather - It was my 6-month stint as a waitress at Bennigan's when they were serving an intoxicating teriyaki chicken dish. My mouth would water every time it was being cooked in the kitchen. Surprisingly, though, when I finally decided to go back to a carnivorous life, the first item I ate was a McDonald's chicken sandwich;>

Dagromm said...

I did the vegetarian thing once too! It lasted an entire lunch. Then I went out for meat nuggets. MMMmmmmmmmmmmm. Meat.

fringes said...

I love the romantic thread you used to tie together all your places. Very nice. I sniffled at the "daddy" one.

FENICLE said...

I've heard yum-o things about Melting Pot. My husband swears by Ruth Chris too! I've never ate there before though.

velverse said...

Grate steak sounds fun... Hehe... it kinda combine the eating out while own cooking at the same time :D

Melting Pot, I think I somehow think someone mentioned it before and I guess you kinda confirms it that it is a great place to go :)

Thanks for you recommendations :)

Anonymous said...

[p]But you should appreciate that competent to be, get the worth of the own designer bag, you have [url=http://www.outletmulberrybag.co.uk]mulberry bag[/url] the skills, validation of their origin . Pair it with limited jeans or tailored jacket to create a smart lunchtime look although match with strappy heels and a dress to present the eye-catching night out appearance . The patriotism is black in abundant blooming trees, which adds an abstruse atmosphere [url=http://www.outletmulberrybag.co.uk]mulberry outlet[/url] in the workshop . Cheap Mulberry Daria Bags Outlet Sale
This is really the ensure that you simply [url=http://www.outletmulberrybag.co.uk]mulberry bag outlet[/url] merely can't appear to uncover within of extra stores . Cheap [url=http://www.outletmulberrybag.co.uk]mulberry bag uk[/url] Mulberry Bryn Wallet in black on sale . This is not entirely mirrored in the share charge and we are upgrading our objective charge from 350p to 550p . Women, you want to at any time monitoring you facade, after all out to entrance move out a good appearance is a key purpose of your triumph, if your boundary not worth you bear out pouches, then to Mulberry Satchel Luggage . The poacher bag, the binocular bag are all contributions of this manufacturer for the [url=http://www.outletmulberrybag.co.uk]mulberry uk[/url] globe of handbags.[/p]



[url=http://forum.omkc.ru/posting.php?mode=quote&f=24&p=84271]UGG boots store online provide the real Commodity sale online with high-quality 5d[/url]
[url=http://forum.zirkeldesphoenix.de/posting.php?mode=quote&f=11&p=113417]UGG boots store online provide the genuine Commodity Export online with good quality 8t[/url]
[url=http://www.pro-paul.net/baggio/wwwboard/messages/5157.html]UGG boots store online provide the real Commodity online with high-quality 9p[/url]
[url=http://www.kka.ac.cn/CDKKA/category66.asp?id=56080&CTime=1667]UGG boots store online provide the genuine Commodity online with good quality 6e[/url]
[url=http://todetta.ru/./e107_plugins/forum/forum_post.php?rp.275798.last]UGG boots store online provide the real Commodity sale online with high-quality 1x[/url]