Wednesday, April 11, 2007

You should just see my smile today...

http://manolobrides.com
I was asked last night to to become Mrs. NS, and I couldn't have been more eager to say yes. While I was just hoping we'd be married before we moved, he'd been giving everything a great deal of thought and realized there are much better benefits to us being married sooner than later, so we should be official before the end of the month. Neither of us wants the traditional wedding ceremony, which was a relief for me to hear. We'll do a simple civil ceremony as soon as we can; when he's back in town for a decent amount of time, we'll have a reception/party to celebrate with friends and family; we'll have wedding pictures taken (my request); and, most important, we'll have an awesome honeymoon relaxing on a tropical island for a week or so. I am so incredibly excited right now, I can hardly contain myself! Of course, I'm not trying too hard to contain myself, not now after the reality of what transpired last night has enveloped me with this sheath of euphoria;>

17 comments:

Belle - A Beauty livin with her Beast said...

KUDOS on the engagement....many happy memories for you!

Dixie said...

Congrats!!

Ain't love grand?

Jan B said...

Congratulations! How exciting! I would definitely love the tropical island bit. We stayed home for our honeymoon and ended up spending most of our wedding money on a vacuum cleaner. Talk about regrets! I wish we had gone somewhere because we have never been able to go since because we have a child with autism and it's impossible to leave home without kids. Enjoy your engagement and don't stress too much over the wedding plans.

heather said...

YAY WOO AND NS!! congratulations. i'm happy for you. posting pictures is a must. can't wait. what shoes are you gonna wear? ;-)

Emily Snipes said...

Big CONGRATS!!! Hope you'll share the details of the ceremony, honeymoon & the photo's!

Jomama said...

Congrats!!! I am so happy and excited for you!!! So, how did he propose?

briliantdonkey said...

Wow, congratulations! I am to say the least quite happy for you.

BD

Ariel said...

Super congrats gal!!!

Blondie (formerly BeckyD) said...

Congratulations! I am so beyond thrilled for you! I would be jumping up and down, clapping and sqealing delightfully for you..but it would be really hard to explain to Princess and Scooter... LOL

But I'm jumping up and down and doing a happy dance for you on the inside!

Congratulations!

heather said...

*hey woo!* i've just nominated you for a thinking blogger award. congrats.

de said...

SO exciting! Congrats and best wishes to you, NS and the boys!

fringes said...

How exciting! Congratulations, best wishes, most of all, you lucky dog to have such a good man taking care of you and your kids. Here is to a very long and good life together. Cheers!

Sassy Pants said...

Woo!

Melissa said...

Congratulations!!! How wonderful!

Eunice said...

Congrats! That is fabulous news.

Skyqueen said...

WOW!! How exciting!! I can't wait to hear about the details. I'm very happy for you and the boys. I think this will just be wonderful for you guys!!

YIPPY!!

Victoria said...

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!