Tuesday, April 03, 2007

Homecoming...

joy
I could barely sense the phone ringing over the music on the stereo. I say sense because it wasn't so much that I heard the jazz melody ring, but I may have heard a sound and then thought it just might have come from my phone. (While I am pleased with my Treo purchase, I really wish it would ring louder on all the rings, not just the annoying ones.) It was the phone. What a thrill to see the caller ID display with NS's name and number! Sounding as though I was receiving a call in which I would hear I've just won millions of dollars in a random drawing, I answered. He asked where I was. The question didn't sound like he was expecting me anywhere, more like a curiosity, so I simply stated I was on my way home. His next couple of comments about what time it was and how he'd thought I'd be home already peaked my own curiosity, and I ask where he was. He's at home. My heart deserves gold, silver, and bronze Olympic medals for the back flips and aerial gymnastics it performed in my chest at that moment. I hadn't expected him home until next Monday, so I was overjoyed with this news and may have gotten a bit giddy after that.

The boys are also happy to have him home again. They busily talked to him and showed him their new books and toys. It's the best Monday I've had in five weeks;>

7 comments:

Dixie said...

Hooray!! Glad he's home!

heather said...

not that i'm not glad that you decided to tell us the good news but how did you manage to post this with one hand? ;-)

Jomama said...

Awww. What a great suprise! I'm glad your honey's home.

de said...

YAY! I totally loved that feeling when they get home! So happy for you,dude.

Emily Snipes said...

Good to hear he's home ENJOY!

Celebrate Woo-Woo said...

I love y'all for sharing in my excitement!

heather - I'm not too sure what exactly you meant by that one-handed posting thing, but I'm pretty sure I'm safe in answering that I posted this while I was at work;>

briliantdonkey said...

Congrats on having him home. Glad to see he had a safe trip.