Saturday, April 21, 2007

Enough with the procrastination and anticipation...

Husband and Wife - Kiss the Bride
Yes, I am Mrs. NS now. (And, heather, it is a non-hyphenated Mrs. NS.)

I got home from work Wednesday around 5. NS was not there. This is not usually the case. I'd say he's home before me somewhere near 99.9% of the time. Since he'd had duty on Tuesday, this was exceptionally peculiar. I changed my clothes and started putting away the laundry I'd folded the night before. In case it isn't clear from the picture, I wore my butterfly shoes. He got home a little before 6...turns out it had been a rough couple days for him, which had resulted in no sleep for about 36 hours and no food since lunch the day before. You'd never have known how awful he must have felt, though. We arrived at the park on time, and our priestess (found out that was her title after she signed the marriage license) was waiting for us.

There was a chill in the air, one that I was hoping wouldn't be too bitter. Definitely completely cloudy rather than the partly cloudy that was forecasted. We started with a quick picture before the ceremony. We opted for the short and simple (or maybe it was short and sweet) vows. I'd never heard this version of vows before, but I liked them. A lot, actually. Most memorable are the last two phrases to repeat before the "with this ring, I thee wed":

"I love you,
And I want to spend the rest of my life with you."

Words that couldn't have been more simplified to convey this perfect message. Poignantly, the same words used in the sudden proposal the week before.

While it could have been warmer, it wasn't unbearably cold, and while it could have been a prettier sunset, it went unnoticed as we stood on the pier facing each other, listening and repeating and, finally, kissing, and so we left the park as husband and wife half an hour after we arrived.

15 comments:

heather said...

sounds perfect. i'm happy for you. my wedding wish for you is that your simple and sweet days far out number the complicated and bitter. :-)

fringes said...

It does sound perfect. Heather put me on the spot for a wedding wish. Hmmm...lessee...my wedding for you is that you will always laugh about the piles of laundry and feel no frustration about life's little circumstances.

Dixie said...

Congrats!! Sounds like the best kind of ceremony to me!!

Jonathan said...

Congratulations!

Sat here with a grin like somebody has poked a coat hanger in my mouth...

briliantdonkey said...

Congratulations on what sounds like it was the perfect ceremony.

BD

jomama said...

How sweet and perfect. Congratulations Mr. and Mrs. NS!

Skyqueen said...

YAY!! I'm so happy for you! Everything went JUST the way it should have! There will be PLENTY of time for beautiful sunsets and warm weather now that you have have each other forever!

I'm very happy for you!!

HUGS!

FENICLE said...

you guys look so good together!!! congrats!!! hope you lived up the after-wedding part :)

Eunice said...

I don't think you could have planned it more perfect than that if you took all the time in the world. Congratulations Mrs. NS!

Susan said...

Well this officially made me cry today. Let's see...my wedding wish...

May you never sweat the small stuff and remember there is no big stuff.

k8 said...

great shoe choice!

de said...

I am totally behind on blogs and blogging, and OMG!

YAY! Best wishes to you both, and the boys! No doubt you will have a loving and happy marriage. Congrats!

lazylightning said...

Ah, to get married in jeans. Perfect!!

Victoria said...

Congratulations Mrs! : )

The Big Cheese said...

Congrats! I have been slacking on my blog reading so just found out as I was catching up on yours.