Sunday, April 15, 2007

Countdown...


The date's set. This Wednesday evening, a sunset serving as a backdrop, NS and I will exchange vows and rings on a pier at a local park. I know he'll get the right ring, but I'm getting a little anxious about mine not arriving in time. Although the company mine is coming from has 2-day FedEx delivery, I failed to realize there was no mention of processing time, and I haven't gotten a shipping confirmation as of yet. I do have a ring that could work as an alternate, one that I purchased several months ago and meant to exchange because it didn't have as much color as I'd expected and could be mistaken for a different type of ring, a ring of the engaging sort, upon short glances and fleeting glimpses. Seems like it'll be suitable for the wedding ceremony if mine doesn't appear by Wednesday night.

15 comments:

k8 said...

omgoodness that's awesome!

happy for you... hope you dont get blown away!

heather said...

beautifull rings all three. i'll be sending happy thoughts your way wednesday. have you decided on the shoes yet, that's the picture we need! :-)

Eunice said...

I am so happy for you. Whether you have all the rings or not, what matters is that the sentiment will be there. I will be thinking of you guys! :)

Melissa said...

Wow! You guys don't kid around! I'm sure the ring thing will work itself out. If it doesn't show in time, it'll make for a great story later!

Celebrate Woo-Woo said...

Thanks for all the well wishes. The ring will definitely not be here before tomorrow's ceremony, but it should be here by the end of the week.

heather - I'll dig up the picture of the shoes I'm planning to wear;>

Dixie said...

Too bad those rings won't be there on time. At least you have a stand in.

Hope the ceremony is beautiful and goes off without a hitch!

fringes said...

Who cares about the ring? You are marrying your man! Use the stand in, love on him, and wait for the new ring to arrive. Love on him some more. Lose the pesky details.

What my comment should have said: Yay!

Cagey said...

Congrats on the engagement! How exciting!

Also, thank you, thank you for the Thinking Blogger award. Wow!

Ariel said...

Pictures!! I'll need something to be horribly envious of for the rest of the month. Or my life. ;)

FENICLE said...

I missed this...so I hope tonight was beautiful! Congrats!!

Please post a follow-up & a pic.

heather said...

so, are you mrs woo-ns or mrs ns? as a hyphen myself these things interest me.

Eunice said...

I'm sure that right now, you and your honey are exchanging vows, but I thought I'd wish you a quick congrats, Mrs. NS! :)

Danielle said...

congratulations!

Chebbles' Mama said...

Congratulations!!!! This is so exciting, and I can't wait to hear the details and see the wedding photos. How romantic!

Skyqueen said...

OMG!! All the rings you showed here are just stunning!! If I EVER get a ring...doesn't even have to be for any special occasion I'm SO asking for your input!! I can't tell you how many times I've gone with friends and just been totally lost and unimpressed with rings! WOW great choices!

Also GOOD LUCK and I hope the ceremony is beautiful and simple, just right for you two!! I'll be thinking about you!!

HUGS!!