Thursday, March 15, 2007

Walking Boobs...

Random thoughts from today

I find walking to be a very enjoyable activity. It doesn't tire me out, and unless it's hot, a stroll won't cause me to break a sweat even if I walk for hours. Now, I'm not talking about power-aerobic-type walking; I'm walking with two 3 year-olds and a 10, nearly 11, year-old dog that is an easy 20 lbs. overweight...we can't expect much from our trip around the apartment complex. Walking around outside provides me a relaxing, peaceful break. We'll see how much I love it when it's cold outside;>

***************************************************

I don't know how chicks with big boobs wear button-up shirts. I may not be able to claim membership in the itty-bitty titty committee, but I sure as hell don't have enough boobage to make eyes bulge or mouths drool, and yet I cannot seem to find button-up shirts that fit my shoulders and waist without popping buttons open in my chest. Apparently women with breasts that protrude from their frame are only supposed to wear lingerie and halter tops...and while I'm perfectly fine with complying, my employer just won't allow it.

10 comments:

Chebbles' Mama said...

I'm with you on the walking -- it's so relaxing, even if you're in the midst of wild toddlers!

Jomama said...

I was just thinking about the button-up shirt dilema a few days ago. I was thinking of just buying larger sized shirts and getting them tailored to fit my waist (got that idea from What Not to Wear, I've never had clothes tailored before). All of my button-ups fit perfect until I get to the button right across my chest.I end up wear a cami under the shirt and leaving the button unbuttoned. I hate that. I never had this problem when I was childless and flat chested (I was definitely a member of the IBTC).

Celebrate Woo-Woo said...

chebbles' mama - I just hope my wild boys will continue to behave well on our walks as they realize that the scenery won't be changing;>

jomama - I've thought about the tailoring as well...my pants could use some tailoring, too. I just somehow doubt most women really get all their button-up shirts tailored. I know very well the cami and unbuttoned look;>

Dixie said...

I'm in the "holy sh*t, did you see those?" club. I have to buyshirts that are a bit to big and get a safety pin for the front where it buttons together.

And I had a reduction too. So they aren't as bis as the used to be. But I still qualify to be in the HSDYST club.

It sux.

Celebrate Woo-Woo said...

dixie - Thank you for sharing the safety pin solution. I knew something less costly than tailoring must be in use;>

Dixie said...

You've been tagged! Come by and see!

Anonymous said...

My first comment here... I've been a lurker for months! Try double sided tape. A coworker suggested it to me and it works wonders.

Celebrate Woo-Woo said...

anonymous - Thanks for delurking, especially since your commenting to offer advice;> Does the double-sided tape on the fabric that won't stay closed on the shirt? Or is it supposed to be attached to hold the bra and shirt together?

Anonymous said...

You can use Scotch double sided tape. Actually, a coworker ordered it out of our office supply catalog and it was very inexpensive. I use the double-sided tape on the fabric between the buttons to hide the gap. Works well for me! :)

Celebrate Woo-Woo said...

anonymous - Sounds like a great idea...thank you!