Thursday, March 22, 2007

Super lucky am I...


Tuesday marked one year since the first day of my current job. I received the obligatory congrats with a company pin, almost assuredly meant for a lapel, Monday afternoon. While my mom was visiting with us at my apartment Monday night, I mentioned this not-terribly-significant detail to her.

You'd think I would have been skeptical of her request for my work address when she called me Tuesday morning. She claimed she needed it for paperwork she was filling out for her employer. This is such a good excuse to use for asking this question without raising flags of suspicion. But, considering it had just been used on me a week before with other intentions, you'd really think I might have had a inkling of a clue...nope, not me.

Sometimes it's nice to trust people have honest intentions, especially when the results of their dishonest intentions are pleasant surprises. I now stumble back a little bit whenever I enter my office...there's a slight floral scent in the air;>

3 comments:

heather said...

awww, how sweet of your mom to do that for you! you realy ~are~ gullible aren't you

fringes said...

I love yer moms!

Celebrate Woo-Woo said...

heather - I am super gullible. Thankfully, it pays off for me more often than it fails me;>

fringes - How could anyone not love her?!?