Friday, February 09, 2007

What? No pictures? Hmph...

Apparently a sex museum in Mumbai, India is doing a great job at educating local sex workers and their clients about HIV and AIDS. One prostitute has instituted a "no condom -- no sex" rule after visiting, saying that her tour of the museum made the information about AIDS clearer. They are now planning to build another sex museum outside of the red light district to reach a wider audience. The museum has free admission and has even taught the prostitutes a thing or two about sex. Sounds like a winning idea to me. Being greeted by a phallic-shaped symbol and walking on tile painted to look like sperm? I'm so disappointed there weren't pictures;>

5 comments:

Ariel said...

IF only there were pictures. This is an interesting idea.

I read your comment and yes it's totally off the Little Mermaid. It's pretty much my favorite Disney flick. I'm sitting at my desk singing "kiss the girl" as I type. Hope you're havin' a loverly day, dearie!

Celebrate Woo-Woo said...

Kiss the Girl and Under the Sea are part of my iPod songs;>

fringes said...

Yay for sex education. Really, yay for any education. I'm glad the workers are listening.

heather said...

knock down about a third of the mc kings (mc donalds and burger king are never far from eachother) and put in sex museums, well informed employees throughout the building to answer questions. it would be a positive change.

briliantdonkey said...

interesting idea. Heather: would they keep the drive thrus? So you can drive up, ask a question and stop at the first window to pick up your answer?

BD