Sunday, February 18, 2007

Take me away...

borabora

Bora Bora is my new dream vacation destination. I've discovered through these pictures that I now see every day as I log in to my personalized Google home that lagoons in the South Pacific are definitely top on my list of places to see before I die. I escape into paradise with miniscule snapshots; I can only imagine the peace and tranquility I could feel absorbing a tropical Tahitian sunset while lounging in a chair settled on a private balcony situated directly over the lagoon.

I spent a number of hours yesterday afternoon (how is it that I didn't really leave my bed for more than 10 minutes at a time until after 4 pm??) looking at different ways to get to Bora Bora, meaning different resorts, different cruises. Casually announcing that I want to go there, including a comment to NS that he should come with me, the afternoon turns into searching for honeymoon locations. He informs me that according to Travel channel, the Bora Bora Lagoon Resort is only number three on the list, resorts in Hawaii and Aruba ranking higher. Hawaii is paradise, too, I'm sure, but escaping to paradise without leaving the country doesn't quite make my eyes glaze over in the same way as Bora Bora. Aruba? Eh...doesn't seem to have the lushiest landscaping, which is important in my fantasies.

So, I've got NS sold on Bora Bora as an ideal honeymoon retreat...how did that happen?!? I'm certain he understands that honeymoons are simply called extravagant vacations unless you get married first...maybe he's hinting at something;>

1 comment:

fringes said...

Hey, I was in bed for most of the day yesterday, too. I loved it! Congrats to you for the break.