Wednesday, December 06, 2006

Why did I start this thing?

In response to the question fringes answered on her blog with an invitation to join in fun...

Well, it was a gradual domino effect. GA girl was coaxed by another blogger (also a former roommate of GA girl's), skyqueen, into starting her own blog to keep friends updated without having to compose and send emails (much easier to just compose and publish;>). I became a regular reader of her blog and since I'd created a Blogger account to make comments on hers, I thought I may as well create a blog while I was at it. That little fact was documented in the incredibly-creatively-titled first post I created.

At that point in time, my marriage had been on the path to its eventual end for over a month, nearly two, IFKAMH having stopped spending his nights at the house although not actually telling me where he was and pretending as though I and the boys didn't really exist. It took all of until my second post on the first day for me to start writing about my daily adventures with my boys and IFKAMH's deplorable decline from husband and father into ex-husband and strange guy's voice on the phone maybe once a month these days.

That has been over a year and a half ago, and I still find great comfort in having a place to share my thoughts and experiences in a way I've felt most at ease with...writing. My life is definitely not the same as it was when I started this, but I'm glad that I felt compelled to write about it then because it gave me this wonderful outlet to have and community to participate in now.

4 comments:

Fringes said...

yay! I'm so glad you're here with us...

Dr.Jeeeol said...

You gotta remind GA Girl to post again!

We are all adddicted to your blog.
:)

Jomama said...

I'm so glad you decided to start this blog :)

I'm confused. . . I always assumed you knew GA Girl in real life. Do you know her? Do you know Abi too? Am I getting GA Girl confused with someone else who comments and knows you in real life?

Celebrate Woo-Woo said...

fringes - Thanks;>

dr. jeeeol - Last time she and I talked about blogs, she just wasn't really into as much, so I'm not sure if she'll return to it or not.

jomama - I do know GA Girl in real life, since high school, actually. I knew both Abi (skyqueen) and Dr. Jeeeol before I started this blog since they both used to share a house with GA Girl. Before she was GA Girl, she lived in FL. Once she left FL for GA, she would send emails to us to keep us updated, and Abi told her to get started with a blog. Hope that hasn't been more confusing;>