Saturday, December 30, 2006

Party in the potty, or not...

Today was day one of the get-down-to-business potty-training for M and J. That means no diapers or pull-ups were used all day, but instead, we went through six pairs of underwear before noon and six pairs of pants as well. Then, more underwear and more pants after noon, too. I don't think any urine was voided into the toilet today at all, in fact, and the only poops that got flushed were the ones that got dumped into the underwear first and then into the toilet.

At least tomorrow can't be worse;>

4 comments:

Skyqueen said...

Not that I can contribute anything to this post but my mom always used to say:

"Well you never see any NON-potty trained adults!"

I'm sure you'll get through this. Be tough!

BeckyD said...

I know it's frustrating, and messy but it works. I potty trained Bo this way. The day I brought Tate home from the hospital was the day Bo went into real underware, for good. 6 Pairs in the morning sounds about right. It does work.

Dr.Jeeeol said...

Wow your story sucks.
My sister got a kiddie urinal (I think it plays music when you 'hit' it. Not sure if that would help....

Celebrate Woo-Woo said...

skyqueen - I agree. I just really would like this to happen before we leave for a week-long vacation, which is Saturday.

beckyd - This strategy seems to be the last resort tactic that always works, so I'm not giving it up.

dr. jeeeol - We have little potties that play music. That was what we had first, but they always thought of them as toys and just enjoyed dropping toys in them to get the music to play. Also, music featuer was way too sensitive...hanging little boys' parts would make it go off even though no peeing or pooping had been done.