Tuesday, December 26, 2006

A meaningful gift...

I got a Christmas present last night that I didn't need and wasn't actively wanting.

NS had to work yesterday, so I received a Merry Christmas wish via text message last night, and with that came an "i love u".

The fact that I feel loved by him without him actually spelling it out in words made this one of the most thoughtful gifts I have ever gotten. I didn't need the words nor did I hold any specific desire for them because I already knew they were true. I just knew.

But, his making certain that I got them last night nearly took my breath away and definitely had tears welling in the brims of my eyes, threatening to spill over at any moment...especially the moments immediately after as I wished my boys their sweet dreams and good nights and softly whispered those same words in their ears. I imagine the memory of standing in the bedroom, reading the message, and then the overwhelming feeling of complete peace and happiness flooding over me as I was rendered unable to say anything but a barely audible "wow" for many long seconds will be a hard one to forget. I think that's the way it's supposed to be;>

3 comments:

Mommy off the Record said...

That's the best present I've read about yet. Lovely post.

Jonathan Beckett said...

I got a kiss on the cheek earlier. I asked "what was that for?", and got the answer (shrug), and she danced off out of the room...

Fringes said...

*sniffles*

Your NS posts always make me cry. In a good way, of course.