Monday, December 18, 2006

A little fishy...

Always wanting to make my work space comfortable and relaxing since I spend at least 40 hours a week there, I thought a small aquarium was in order. I told my mom about this plan of mine, and she surprised me with it today!

Marmaduke (meaning "leader of the seas"), the blue-with-hints-of-red betta, is busy exploring his new home, a 1-gallon acrylic with various shades of blue on the floor, decorated with a toppled pillar and plush green sprouts, also including an overhead light and under-gravel filter with air pump. That pump, by the way, creates a little vibration on my desk...not enough that I'd be content sitting on my desk when NS is away, though.

He's quite pretty, and I've caught myself fish-watching for a few minutes at a time already. I think one of the walls might be giving off a reflection because he kept approaching the same spot, smacking his fins around, and then promptly swam behind the plant, seemingly waiting to see if he was going to be chased. As if I need more distractions at work; I suppose this novel excitement will weaken as the days pass, and then the bonding can begin;>

4 comments:

Dr.Jeeeol said...

Good luck! I gave up on fish. I hate the stuff that grows up on the side of tanks. I switched to plants, flowers n bamboo, oh and a digital picture frame.....Bust out some pics! We'd love to see them.

Chebbles' Mama said...

How cool! I love betta fish, I used to have a bunch of aquariums in my crazy youth. Have fun with him!

Celebrate Woo-Woo said...

dr. jeeeol - The pics of Marmaduke are loaded on flikr.

chebbles' mama - I love most things aquatic...fish, crabs, mammals, they're all wonderful;>

fringes said...

I love aquariums. Your mom has given me a great idea for my government cubicle or my next office.