Saturday, November 11, 2006

Shuffle Playlist from iPod...

25 randomly selected songs from my music library. Eclectic is good, right?

1. Freaky
Juelz Santana, classification: Hip Hop/Rap

2. Sugar, We're Goin' Down
Fall Out Boy, classification: Alternative

3.Rag Doll
Aerosmith, classification: Rock

4. Hysteria
Def Leppard, classification: Metal

5. Unpredictable
Jamie Foxx & Ludacris, classification: R&B/Soul

6. I'd Die Without You
P.M. Dawn, classification: Hip Hop/Rap (really?)

7. Everlong
Foo Fighters, classification: Rock

8. Brown Eyed Girl
Jimmy Buffet, classification: Pop

9. Jimi Thing
Dave Matthews Band, classification: Rock

10. Girl Talk
Kenny Burrell, classification: Jazz

11. Dimension
Wolfmother, classification: Alternative

12. My Mind is Ramblin
The Black Keys, classification: Rock

13. Shutterbug
Veruca Salt, classification: Alternative & Punk

14. My Fault
Eminem, classification: Hip Hop/Rap

15. Wet Sand
Red Hot Chili Peppers, classification: Alternative

16. I'm A Thug
Trick Daddy, classification: Hip Hop/Rap

17. Funky Shit
The Prodigy, classification: Electronica/Dance

18. To You I Bestow
Mundy, classification: Soundtrack (Romeo + Juliet)

19. Post-Modern Sleaze
Sneaker Pimps, classification: Electronica/Dance

20. Round Midnight
Thelonius Monk, classification: Jazz

21. My Sexual Life
Everclear, classification: Rock

22. Sunshine
Lil' Flip & Lea Quezada, classification: Hip Hop/Rap

23. Do It To Me
Usher, classification: R&B

24. Just A Girl
No Doubt, classification: Alternative & Punk

25. Someday After A While
Eric Clapton, classification: Blues

I sometimes wonder if my taste in music would be considered odd or if it is similar to most. There is certainly not any one type of music to which I'm devoted. I like songs based simply upon the song, but it doesn't mean they're always popular songs or even good songs. I haven't even figured out what draws me to any of the songs I like other than the R&B and Rap/Hip-Hop for the beats. So, am I a kooky, scrambled mess of a listener or just like everyone else?

1 comment:

Jonathan said...

The thing I love about that list is that it isn't full of "standards" - it's the unusual stuff you find in the dark corners of albums.

It shows that you really *listen*, and you like what YOU like. I think that's great.