Saturday, November 11, 2006

Maybe not so girly afterall...

I read Rashendo's review of G NaBloPoMo participants yesterday. She mentions some of the statistics and notes how most of the bloggers are women, probably because we like to talk so much;>

While she's very right in that women have a reputation as the gender that enjoys talking and sharing our feelings, I can't help but feel out of place in that generalization of women.

I don't like to talk. I don't get upset if my significant other doesn't ask about my day because I don't usually want to talk about it, and if I do, I will. I'm the one saying my day was "fine" rather than elaborating on the details of all my encounters and projects. I don't feel the need to talk about "the relationship" on a regular basis (not that it's a bad idea, I just don't do it). I also don't like to talk on the phone. That is probably one of the main reasons that it's difficult for me to stay in touch with my friends. I'm an email and blog readin' and writin' kind of girl. I make phone calls when I feel it has to be done and not a minute sooner. While I don't regularly ignore phone calls coming in, I have definitely taken advantage of the silencer on my phone to put a looming conversation to rest for a while. Now, I can be a cackling little hen on the right subject, on the right days, but it's not one of my dominant traits, and I doubt anyone has ever described me as "talkative".

I'll post all about my feelings and thoughts on a blog...just don't expect me to talk about it;>

2 comments:

Jonathan said...

I would tend to think that more women have blogs because they tend to share experiences and communicate more.

Men are terrible communicators among themselves.

fringes said...

Hello...followed you here from Rashenbo's blog. You and I seem to have a lot in common. I'll be back. Just wanted to give you a quick hey there.