Thursday, November 09, 2006

Frak...

I'm not sure how many people watch Battlestar Galactica regularly. Those that do usually have high praise for it. I'm not so in love with the show that I'm ready to go door-to-door trying to convert everyone into believing this is the best show EVER, but I don't consider it a collosal waste of my television-viewing time, either. There are some things that I do love knowing about because I've watched most of the shows, though.

First, I understand what all these CafePress shirts are talking about, and more than just a few are hilarious!! I would actually consider purchasing and wearing one in public except for the visions of people asking for an explanation and then shaking their heads at me while I dazzle them with my knowledge of a not-very-technologically-advanced future where we battle robots called Cylons, thinking to themselves things like: "Loser." or "Is she off her medication?" or "Why haven't her children been removed from her care?".

And mostly, I succumb to a swell little round of snickering from hearing them use the word "frak". This is apparently an ingenious method to incorporate profanity into television. Simply alter the original word that some find so terribly offensive and then abuse the hell out of it. It doesn't take much imagination to figure out what "frak" is. From now on, WTF is What the Frak (hint, hint;>).

4 comments:

Angie said...

I don't watch..but one of my best blog friends does. You are not alone. :)

Jonathan said...

So frak means flip ??? :)

BeckyD said...

Frak...that's funny that you would come up with that. Batman and his family use it all the time. "Frak that" or "Your Fraker". I thought it kind of strange when I first heard it, then it was kind of cute. Now I know where it came from (although I don't see his family watching Battlestar Galactica at all....)

Celebrate Woo-Woo said...

beckyd - I'm sure if you met me in person, you wouldn't think I'd watch the show, either. In fact, I only watched it because NS was trying to find out why people like it so much.