Wednesday, November 01, 2006

At least leaves aren't made of sugar...

Conversation J and I had during our short commute to daycare:

"I want more candies."

"You can't have more candies. You're going to eat breakfast at school."

"Breakfast at school."

"Yes, breakfast at school."

"No breakfast in trees."

"What?"

"No breakfast in trees."

"Yeah. There's no breakfast in the trees."

"I want breakfast in the trees."

(Oh. He meant, "No. Breakfast in trees.")

"But there's no breakfast in the trees."

"I wanna eat trees."

I guess eating trees could be considered an improvement on wanting candy, but why???

7 comments:

warcrygirl said...

Ah yes, but think of all the fiber he'll be getting! Happy Nov 1st!

Skyqueen said...

Yeah!! Fiber!! haaaaa, that's funny.

Hey Woo, just wanted to let you know, I'm signed up and on board for the NaBloPoMo. Let's do this shit!

Dr.Jeeeol said...

Yo- I'm not signed up for the NaBloPoMo but I am in my own club to read yours everyday.
:)

Jonathan said...

This reminds me of a friend of ours who was trying desperately to get her kids to eat more vegetables.

They would eat broccoli (which they called trees), but not cauliflower - until their mum came up with a cunning plan.

"The cauliflower is just white trees - just like the green trees"

The problem ended right there...

Celebrate Woo-Woo said...

Had he not been looking out the car window at the trees, I might have thought he meant broccoli because we've called them trees before. J is not the one who doesn't like fruits and vegetables, though, so I'm not too concerned about his fiber intake;>

Bek said...

We call broccoli 'baby trees' at my house too. It is funny what we do to get the kids to eat right!!

I found you on the NaBloPoMo website. I am doing it too (are we crazy? I think we might be crazy...)


Your boys sound really fun. I am going to go read the archives now.... good luck writing every day.

Jippy said...

I stopped by because of NaBloPoMo. That is new meaning to Tree Lover!
Jippy Jabber