Thursday, October 26, 2006

My marketable quality...

Night before last, NS discovered my tickle-spots.

As a child I was incredibly ticklish, seemingly all over. Somehow, though, most of this ticklishness faded away, and I mistakingly proclaimed for several years that I was no longer ticklish at all. I believe it was some time during the high school years that my ticklishness was uncovered once again.

I am ticklish where my hips and pelvis meet, which is the area that encompasses my hip bones (or pelvic bones, I'm sure you know which ones I'm talking about) in addition to that crease that separates my thigh from my lower abdomen (extreme lower abdomen). Figuring this out has amused all that have found it, and honestly, it's never been found during what I'd consider to be sexually-charged situations, so I wouldn't chalk it up to that.

NS was no different; he has now found a source of endless entertainment. Apparently, I am fun to tickle. I laugh hysterically (sometimes squealing), my legs flail while my knees jerk up and down in attempt to protect me, and I squirm...this is amusing to other people, the tickler as well as anyone that may observe this torture.

It's not so much that I hate being tickled, I love to laugh (who doesn't?), but it takes a lot out of me. I'm usually breathless from having laughed so hard, and the squirming can sometimes result in injuries from having wiggled my way onto the floor or into the corner of a nightstand (ow...that hurt). I'm happy to have found my way of providing countless hours of enjoyment to others. Now if only I could market this without having to actually make my pelvis publicly available to touch, I'd call it Tickle-Me Woo-Woo;>

2 comments:

Jonathan said...

Great post. I remember claiming at school that I wasn't ticklish either...

My better half sneeks up behind me and pinches my ass while in public - which would normally be fine if I didn't jerk forwards like electricity had been applied to me...

btw - Just found my way here via the NaBloPoMo website - good luck throughout November! :)

Wade said...

Being fun to tickle does tend to designate oneself as everyone else's self-contained entertainment center. I too am told that I'm "fun to tickle;" I too flail and squeal and beg and bargain and engage in similar ridiculously embarrassingly entertaining behaviors. Add to that the fact that I'm also male, and the women I know... sometimes women I only sorta know... can't seem resist reducing me to a helpless twitching heap...