Tuesday, October 03, 2006

mmmm...Tea is good for you

After being thoroughly coerced by Snapple's green tea commercials' taunting of EGCG, I decided last week that I would try to find this stuff. I didn't try very hard before giving up (one convenience store and one grocery store...and in reality the grocery store search was just an afterthought), so I tried a diet Lipton green tea with mixed berry flavoring instead. Let me just say that I will no longer attempt consumption of diet drinks. Each time I've had one recently, I nearly gag and have the urge to spit it out, but usually someone has been nearby and would probably not enjoy having the diet-tea-fused-with-saliva concoction spewed at them simply because my taste buds have an aversion to artificial sweeteners. I wish they would actually sell these teas prepared and bottled without sweeteners at all; they do it for black tea, so why force sweetness upon the teas that have a naturally less potent flavoring...I just don't get it. Anyway, needless to say, I will not be purchasing diet tea again;> I know that they are undoubtedly wonderfully tasty to those that have an acceptance, or even a tolerance, of artificial sweeteners, but they are just not for me.

In my limited quest to find the Snapple green tea, I found some Snapple white teas, three to be exact. I purchased one bottle of each: nectarine, raspberry, and apple. By far the apple was my favorite. These teas, however, are still sweetened (with sugar), just less so than most other commercially sweetened teas. I did a little googling and found that the white tea is really the better way to go anyhow as far as tea health benefits are concerned, and since I preferred the white tea's flavoring anyhow, I'm hooked.

I bought some pear-flavored white tea that is just divine. It's what I will probably drink all day at work in addition to my normal staple of water. Of course, if yesterday is any indication of how this new liquid dream will fare with my bladder, I'll be spending more time in the ladies' room than at my desk;>

2 comments:

Mommy off the Record said...

Thanks for visiting my blog today and leaving the nice comment!

******

I was reading this post and I was saying "Me too!" "Me too!"

I absolutely hate the taste of artificial sweeteners in tea and soda. EWWW. I've accidently bought teas with sweetener and have had to throw them away they were so disgusting.

And I also hear that white tea is really good for you. I recently bought some so I can drink it at work too!

Celebrate Woo-Woo said...

Thanks for visting mine, too!

Kind of eerie about the artificial sweeteners and white tea thing;>