Thursday, October 19, 2006

It was all so effortless and easy...

I bought a "new to me" vehicle last night, a 2003 Acura MDX. I absolutely love it. It has all the bells and whistles and didn't cost me an arm and a leg...or even one of those limbs.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Photobucket - Video and Image HostingPhotobucket - Video and Image Hosting
Photobucket - Video and Image HostingPhotobucket - Video and Image Hosting

The price was almost too good to be true (about $4,000 below KBB and/or NADA value) without having to haggle. I was offered the highest price I'd hoped to receive for my trade even though I'd revealed a range of what I'd be happy getting for it. The interest rate for the financing, while horrible, was in the ballpark of my expectations considering how the previous year and half's events severely damaged my credit rating, and so my monthly payment ended up in the lower end of my span of affordability for this car. All of that and the people at this location were a pleasure to deal with and very helpful, even complying with my request to take their vehicle home with me Tuesday night to make sure I really liked it, although I left them with nothing other than my information...no trade-in vehicle and no money.

So, I left the dealership last night feeling like I'd gotten a hell of a bargain but also feeling a little bit like I must have missed something since I didn't have to play any negotiation-tactic games or fight for what I wanted at all...that's kind of sad, isn't it?

6 comments:

Sarah said...

Congratulations!!!! I had to google the car to see what it looks like and I love it! I would be so excited if that was my car! Good for you.

I do understand feeling weird about not having to haggle. Do you think maybe it was low due to the past hike of gas prices? That may be a possibility. And also, I wanted to ask, why didnt you take NS with you...so that you could have a man by your side? Just to throw the salesman off. They can be weird.

Celebrate Woo-Woo said...

Gas prices could be a reason the car was priced low since it is an SUV and takes premium gas...good point. I believe they'd had it for sale for two months, too, so they may have lowered the price recently to try to sell it, and since it was bought via auction, I'm sure they didn't pay much for it.

NS had duty Tuesday night, but I went to check it out anyway and asked if I could take it home overnight. Wednesday was the night I brought it back and actually bought it; NS was with me then, but so were M and J, and he kept them occupied while I filled out the paperwork. He drove it while I drove my Jeep and gave his approval of it;>

Mommy off the Record said...

Congrats on the new car! As someone who has haggled and STILL paid a high price, it sounds to me like you did really well on getting a good deal. Have fun with your new car!!

Celebrate Woo-Woo said...

I've added pics now that I'm posting from home;>

Jomama said...

I thought your vehicle looked new, but I didn't think to say anything. Veeeery nice.

Dr.Jeeeol said...

Ooh- a TV thingee!? Sweeeet.
Its pretty.