Monday, October 23, 2006

Could have gone a little better...

I took M and J to a birthday party on Saturday. Jomama's darling Popeye celebrated his first year! It's almost hard to believe that I actually met Jomama while she was still pregnant with him; the year passed so quickly, although some months seemed to drag their feet kicking and screaming for fear of being forgotten in the past.

We had a good time, although I came near to threatening my boys with no party because they were just not being good little boys that day...unfortunately, I really wanted to go, so I couldn't threaten with something I wouldn't follow through with. M acted like he'd never had to share a toy in his life even though he's had a twin brother for as long as he's been alive and has been in daycare with other children since he was 8 weeks old. I know he was mostly cranky because he was tired, but it wasn't one of his better days, which means it wasn't one of mine, either. I ended up having to rush them out the door before they totally lost it and didn't get to visit much.

On the plus side, the food was fabulous (cheers for Sam's Club, apparently), and Popeye seemed to have a great time;>

2 comments:

Jomama said...

You're boys seemed pretty nice in my opinion. None of the kids in attendance were able to share. They were all digging through Popeye's toys like it was Christmas! I was impressed by everyone's behavior though, because I was expecting absolute chaos with all those toddlers cramped in one space.

Celebrate Woo-Woo said...

I know they could have been worse since M has been acting much worse at daycare, but usually M shares stuff without blinking an eye, and this new aggressive and possessive streak he's gotten has just taken me by surprise, I think.

I was pretty impressed with all the kids' behavior, too.