Thursday, September 14, 2006

Isn't it the 19th yet...

I came to realize last night as I was utterly and unhappily wide awake at 11 pm with my alarm set to scream at me at 5:30 am that there is a very good reason for my recent insomnia (this hasn’t been the first night…I was regularly up until 1 and 2 am most nights last week and until I knew I was going back to work). While I get fairly drowsy sometime between 7 and 8 in the evening, I can’t very well go to bed right then since my boys aren’t in bed yet, but by the time I should be going to sleep, I am no longer longing for my pillow and blanket and dreamland. Since my mind was calculating how many days are left until it’s been 3 weeks since Baby Angel’s delivery and whether or not it is really important to wait that long, I fully understand that I am having trouble sleeping because I haven’t had any sexual relief for a while now (not as long as I’ve been forced to refrain before but still too long) and can’t until the 19th, next Tuesday. That was the least amount of time I was given. First it was the standard 6 weeks, and then I read 4 weeks on my discharge paperwork from the hospital, but when I asked my doctor’s office about what restrictions I had, I was told nothing is allowed to enter my nether regions for 3-4 weeks…that does mean absolutely nothing, so I can’t relieve myself, either. I was giving some serious consideration to whether or not this waiting period is actually mandatory but have decided to hold out and suffer for a few reasons: I’m still bleeding and that is the reason you’re supposed to wait anyhow, I just started the pill again Tuesday so I need that week for it to kick in, and I really don’t want to take any unnecessary chances on my reproductive health (although whether or not the chance was unnecessary was becoming questionable in my mind as I lay in bed last night aroused and pondering if NS would be upset at all if I woke him up so that I could go to sleep;>). 5 more nights and counting…

No comments: