Sunday, September 17, 2006

I know everything is supposed to taste better fried...

But, I can't help that my stomach turns and wants to escape and disappear whenever I see the commercial for T.G.I. Friday's new fried green bean appetizer:x

I am generally a fan of green beans boiled and seasoned or out of a can...but breaded and deep-fried?? My digestive tract says that just ain't right. I think it is the fact that green beans have little seeds inside, or maybe they're little beans (I'm not sure what they are, really), and them being deep-fried just conjures samplings of the texture of fried okra, which my tummy also does not find appealing.

I guess I'm just not southern enough to think frying green beans is an improvement on the original...or even a good idea;>

2 comments:

BeckyD said...

try the green beans pickled. That is an experience. I have found the only way to stomach those babies is to soak them in a bloody mary for a good half hour first. OK, it may take 2 or 3 bloody mary's to get the full 30 minutes in, and by then, you can't really taste the green bean.

Celebrate Woo-Woo said...

I think the green beans in bean salad (sometimes it's 3-bean, sometimes 4, and I think I even saw 5 once) are pickled. Not bad, but not really my preferred flavoring for them. I suppose most things taste just fine after a few bloody mary's or a couple glasses of wine, though;>