Friday, August 18, 2006

Pissed off...

I'm incredibly upset right now. I was going to write some short little post about the lack of pictures due to my only internet access being at work and no photo-uploading software/sites work here, but now I've gotten a call from my mom that just thoroughly angers and saddens me. My mom is a truly wonderful woman, beautiful and caring and kind and loving...this does not, however, help her in finding a decent man. She has not been working steadily since she quit the job she had when she and her husband separated for a brief period, which was a rarely-lucrative sales position at a furniture store. She has nursing experience but really hates the field for everything that it involves besides the actual patients, if you understand what I mean. Anyway, this call was mostly about her picking up the boys tomorrow while NS and I and his friend finish up moving my stuff tomorrow, but she also mentioned some stuff that her husband is doing that is just completely unacceptable. He has taken away any means she has to access money, no credit cards and no bank cards; she has a nickel available to her right now. Bad, huh? But it is so much worse than that. She said there is barely any groceries in the house, and he refuses to buy any, including dog food, of which there is very little right now. How can someone that pretends to be such a generous man be such an abusive freak?!? How can not feeding your wife and four dogs make you feel better? I told her she is more than welcome to the food and water at my place since I have some. I just cannot believe how easily she manages to find such controlling men. I don't know what I can or should do about this situation. I'm very protective of my mother, and I hate to see her being abused like this; I am about ready to cry.

4 comments:

Eunice said...

Maybe she should rethink if she still wants to be married to him if he's going to treat her like a child. I cannot believe that there are men out there that think that kind of behavior is acceptable.

I hope that your mom finds the strength and courage to stand up to him or find someone that truly deserves to be with her.

Jomama said...

This made me mad to. That guy is an ass. I'm with Eunice; I hope your mom can walk away from him and find someone better.

Jomama said...

oops! I meant "too" not "to."

Skyqueen said...

It's hard to watch your mom get pushed around and be unhappy. I witnessed it for years. She just recentlaly got divorced and all I can tell you is that now that she is on her own, she is great. She feels like she takes care of herself (money and otherwise) and it's really good for her. So maybe that will be coming soon.

Sorry to hear about this, it's enough to make any daughter upset. Hang in there.